Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put a 136" track extension on my 2002 440x and wanted to see who else has done this. The 2002 440x came with a SC3 skid and I'm trying to clarify the correct rail extensions to buy from Tracksusa.com. The 2000-2002 rail extensions on TracksUSA are for trail sleds, which did not have the SC3 skid yet. Would I purchase the 2003 rev rail extensions for the 2003 rev SC3 skid? Even the folks at TracksUSA are a bit unsure without precise measurements so I am looking for some DooTalk feedback from prior experience or knowledge.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay good to know. Well then i guess either way my question would be directed to which TracksUSA option I would select for the SC3 skid on a 2002 440x. Would it be the 2003 rev rail extensions for an SC3 skid or would it be the 2000-2002 rail extensions for zx trail sleds.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The rev skid used a larger diameter wheel and they don't match up. So there are 2 different sc3 skids, rev and zx. I think the one you need is DOO-100 but it wouldn't hurt to call and confirm. They are nice pieces and the owner is a straight shooter, my brother bought a 12 Freeride from him that only had 392 miles on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have been working with them over email and they sent me a picture of the DOO-110 that is used on the '03 rev SC3 skid. But I was not familiar with the larger diameter wheel before now. I will have to take off the wheel and take some measurements unless someone knows a bit more about the proper kit for a 2002 SC3 skid.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Vt can you post a pic of the end of the rails, there are some slight differences that I have run into on my race skid, just want to see if yours would be the same.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jb, these are the only pics I took so far. I havent had time to get the wheel off for a good pic and measurements. Is this what you wanted to see? or did you want to see the front end of the rail?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Those will work I wanted to see what adjuster block your rails had to set track tension. Yours has the billet blocks which is the same as the 03 revs w/beavertails. and the 03 and 04 440 skids. Those will play a role in which ones you need to order, the bolt holes that mount that block to the rail are narrower than the adjuster from the consumer sleds. Ill post a pic so you know what I mean. I'm thinking the rail extensions for the 03 beavertail or the rails they make for the 03 and 04 race skid might work.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
e8de6b1e41a3e02da5a8e0e7c82031ba.jpg

These are the adjusters that were used for most of the consumer sleds except the 03 revs and the bolt holes that mount to the rail are about 3/8" wider than the ones that are on your skid, so that means tracks usa takes that into account when they make the extensions so they match up with what's suppose to be on your suspension and bolt right up. So I'm saying you need to order extensions for an sc3 with your style adjuster. There maybe other subtle differences but this is something I just ran into when I was making changes on my sc3 skid.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow thanks for the clarification, picture puts it all into perspective. I have an '04 X with SC3 so I will look into this tonight out of curiousity

·
Registered
535 Posts
use either 136 or 144 extension made for 200-2002 MXZ (I have 136 on my wifes 2001 MXZ-Adrenalin and the 144s on my 2002MXZ-Xpkg; both were stock 121 and extensions bolted up mint to both!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts