Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own a rule book, and most local radar runs do not have inspection. I know there are cheaters, but I prefer to follow the rules. If I were to set my sled up for radar runs, how much could I do to it before I should not register it as a stock 440.

1) Changing gearing?
2) Clutch kit?
3) Change track lug height? (from 1.25 to .875)
4) High comp domes should be OK, right?
5) Studs?
6) Ice picks?

I know I could probably get away with most of these anyway, but I just want to know at what point I should really be registering as a mod (or whatever the next step up is).

G

·
zubes440x said:
I do not own a rule book, and most local radar runs do not have inspection. I know there are cheaters, but I prefer to follow the rules. If I were to set my sled up for radar runs, how much could I do to it before I should not register it as a stock 440.

1) Changing gearing?
2) Clutch kit?
3) Change track lug height? (from 1.25 to .875)
4) High comp domes should be OK, right?
5) Studs?
6) Ice picks?

I know I could probably get away with most of these anyway, but I just want to know at what point I should really be registering as a mod (or whatever the next step up is).
[snapback]754928[/snapback]​
gearing changes are usually fine.
Clutch kit imo is mandatory.
I'd trather have a big lug than a small lug unless you are racing on pure ice
Domes should be fine if your sled came with them
Studs and picks ...there's usually a seperate class for picks.

It really all depends on who is running the races. I've been to races where anything goes and I';ve been to tothers where they would allow you to change pin weight in your primatry but you had to use the stock primary spring. Ive also seen tracks that limit how much taller of a lug you can use. Mostly they want to make sure you are using the stock primary and secondatry and not an after market unit. No porting, reeds or after market heads. No pipes or cans etc. It is best to ask the race orgnaizers whats considered stock for ther stock class just to be safe.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BadMxz said:
I thing they call it cheating when you get caught!
[snapback]754934[/snapback]​
I know, and this is how most of the smaller events are run. I want to play it fair, or as fair as I can be, and still be competitive. I have a feeling no one is really going to say anything about a clutch kit, or a different profile track. I was just wondering what they could technically look for, and if something was considered blatant cheating I would avoid it. I might want to run in some of the bigger events next year, and I know those are under more watchful eyes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts