Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so lately there has been some talk about pretty potent 377's so lets hear some of the specs and secrets if you don't mind.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
the secret to speed and power with 377s is................ put lots of stickers on them!! kidding or am i? a white clutch spring instead of stock.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The only thing I know.

In the 80's I bought a 1981 4500 Citation, "Basket Case" It was blown up PTO side, .040 over on mag side, had a 1982 CDI motor, and had a Power Bloc, HD on it.

I could not find a .040 over replacement piston, so I threw a std. jug and piston on the PTO side. I tossed the oil injection out, and mixed the gas 50/1.

It ran many miles, and beat my wife's Uncle's 1982 Citation SS, in every race. (ran circles around it)

"Power Bloc" is the answer, smoother, and faster. And lean it out a couple jet sizes. Or mix your gas.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I know the basics (clutching and whatnot) but there were some guys claiming to be running 100-110mph a couple of weeks ago just wondering what they did to wake em up so much. I have a line on a running 377 complete with carbs/TRA/ignition(CDI) for about 80$ doesn't fit my stable right now unless i want to throw it in my elan.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I know the basics (clutching and whatnot) but there were some guys claiming to be running 100-110mph a couple of weeks ago just wondering what they did to wake em up so much. I have a line on a running 377 complete with carbs/TRA/ignition(CDI) for about 80$ doesn't fit my stable right now unless i want to throw it in my elan.
The guys that made those claims were for sure not awake because they are definitley dreaming. Swap the MPH for KPH and you would be close, maybe..

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I know the basics (clutching and whatnot) but there were some guys claiming to be running 100-110mph a couple of weeks ago just wondering what they did to wake em up so much. .
He loaded it in the back of his Buddies F 150 Raptor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts