Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I asked before but but I still cant find a solution .I have looked and searched , had three guys help me remove and reinstall it and I just cant figure out what I am doing wrong . I have the racewerx tower brace and the problem is it will only fit one way, the plastic shroud / tool holder hits the brace ,so now my tools are taking up my storage space under my seat . according to the part number I have correct part I can not find any pics of a 800 etec anywhere only 600 and non 800 etec . im thinking they might have a newer one for the etecs but I cant find any pics . according to what I read when ski doo switched to etec ,racewerx came out with the 90 degree elbow so the brace would have clearance for the injectors ,which I have . did they come out with a new one and discontinue the part I have? it is mounted the same as all the pics ive seen for the non 800 etec ,it is a very tight fit about 1/4 inch from injector and 1/4 inch from clutch when its opened all the way up.i am completely confused about this puzzle ,I would really like to have that plastic shroud back on my clutch cover. I just thought I would ask again before I pay to have it shipped out to MN to see if I have the correct part

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,338 Posts
so I asked before but but I still cant find a solution .I have looked and searched , had three guys help me remove and reinstall it and I just cant figure out what I am doing wrong . I have the racewerx tower brace and the problem is it will only fit one way, the plastic shroud / tool holder hits the brace ,so now my tools are taking up my storage space under my seat . according to the part number I have correct part I can not find any pics of a 800 etec anywhere only 600 and non 800 etec . im thinking they might have a newer one for the etecs but I cant find any pics . according to what I read when ski doo switched to etec ,racewerx came out with the 90 degree elbow so the brace would have clearance for the injectors ,which I have . did they come out with a new one and discontinue the part I have? it is mounted the same as all the pics ive seen for the non 800 etec ,it is a very tight fit about 1/4 inch from injector and 1/4 inch from clutch when its opened all the way up.i am completely confused about this puzzle ,I would really like to have that plastic shroud back on my clutch cover. I just thought I would ask again before I pay to have it shipped out to MN to see if I have the correct part
the e tec set up is different because you need to clear the injector .the 1 piece bolts to the shock bolt ,then in front of the steering support is the aluminum piece with a spacer the long end of the arm faces the rear the part of the rod with the knurling faces front .bolt the arm to the aluminum piece with the spacer between it and the turn buckle .pretty simple . :wink_old:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the e tec set up is different because you need to clear the injector .the 1 piece bolts to the shock bolt ,then in front of the steering support is the aluminum piece with a spacer the long end of the arm faces the rear the part of the rod with the knurling faces front .bolt the arm to the aluminum piece with the spacer between it and the turn buckle .pretty simple . :wink_old:
thanks km , do you have any pics , im trying to get someone one over my house to show me how to put pics on my computer so I can put them on here so you guys can see what the problem is ,its on the sled has been for 2600 miles ,i have not had any problems with the way its on nowI just want my tool holder back on my clutch cover ,sounds like i did it correct after reading your post,maybe they just don't work with the tool holder

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok after reading my post i see it is confusing ,i am pretty confident i have the brace on correctly , what i was wondering is if anybody has this brace on a etec and did not have to take the plastic shroud/tool holder of their clutch guard .

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i just found a video of a 800 etec with this brace it looks like he also had to remove the tool holder from his clutch guard to get it to fit. I think i am going to buy the ski doo carbon fiber brace

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,338 Posts
just roll the part on the shock bolt back to get more clearance ,or move the brace on the shock bolt out and put the arm on the inside of it . :wink_old:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just roll the part on the shock bolt back to get more clearance ,or move the brace on the shock bolt out and put the arm on the inside of it . :wink_old:
ya we rolled , twisted, flopped and swapped every way possilble, its not even close ,but thankyou anyway ,im convinced it wont work,untill I see a pic on a etech ,and the few pics I have found ,no tool holder

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,338 Posts
ya we rolled , twisted, flopped and swapped every way possilble, its not even close ,but thankyou anyway ,im convinced it wont work,untill I see a pic on a etech ,and the few pics I have found ,no tool holder
then trim the tool holder :wink_old:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would recommended checking the brace every once and awhile. Today I kept hearing noices from the sled, I figured it was ice. I rode a while longer then heard a couple loud clunks so I pulled over. I pulled the belt guard off and the spacer was sitting under the clutch, the arm was wedged in by the motor. It looks like the bolt holding the spacer to the steering support broke. Some how the arm got pulled off the bolts on both sides, the clutches got knicked up some and the brace got beat up pretty bad and is now garbage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts