Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they any good??? Just curious. Does anybody have for 600 triple, heard through the grape vine they are out of biz and no longer responding etc to customers etc. Don't know much about this, just thought I'd doo some grinding to my motor over the summer or should I leave it to a Pro???. I got the pipes, clutched, V-2's she is just missing the porting. Todd.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Are they any good??? Just curious. Does anybody have for 600 triple, heard through the grape vine they are out of biz and no longer responding etc to customers etc. Don't know much about this, just thought I'd doo some grinding to my motor over the summer or should I leave it to a Pro???. I got the pipes, clutched, V-2's she is just missing the porting. Todd.
I'm not saying you should or should not, But I do know that a "Pro" didnt wake up one morning with all the porting knowledge there is to know....lol

·
Registered
790 Posts
My buddy knows those 600 motors well did one for a friend ran 124.5 in 1320 ft

Reactions: toddy

·
Registered
345 Posts
What pipes will determine what porting you will need. There is no generic porting that works for all. Also, what kind of racing will determine certain parameters in the motor. A top notch Pro 600 should go high 120's in 1000ft

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would like it set up for 660, not full bore!! still would like too take it out on wide open,flat groomed trails once in awhile, Have Crank improvers on it now, nothing done too motor, but would like some port work, just thought I'd doo it myself with the racelogic templates, BUT don't wanna F%&K it up, just remember a couple guys here had done their own with good results?? Don't really want too spend any extreme amount of cash on the old girl. But really miss raceing the old F111, been close to 10 years, did well back then, but with all these tourquey twins nowadays, need a little extra whoomph if I'm gonna get in the$$$$.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well one thing you could do is file the exhaust side of the piston .5mm at a time to see what the motor likes then port the cylinder and how much you take out of there will determine your transfers

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
.5mm off the piston???? Whatch you talkin willis??? LOL Thinkin you mean exhaust ports correct, And if so?? .5mm @ a time all around ports or on bottom side??

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ah NO as I stated you can take it of the exhaust side of the PISTON before you go hacking up a cylinder. It is the same as porting the cylinder, except cheaper to buy pistons if you screw it up and if you do you know exactly where to port your cylinder.....Cant do it with an L ring piston because it is the ring that controls the port timing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
put a .060 shim and cut the head. then all the ports wider and level with the piston when at bdc. make the wing ports on the exhaust a tad bigger. think of it as water flow. the easier the water flows the easier the gas will.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, got a line on a mech thanks to Tugger73, who knows how too make big HP!!! very close to Home, just gotta decide full Race or Trail monster???? If I go trail, I will be dumping my crank improvers and installing trail pipes, BUT I got the pipes for Race so undecided yet?? LOL gotta Doo something with it??? I only put on 3 miles on it this season, I was enjoying my new 800x gade too much, Thinking might as well go race with it and get back in the game, it has been 8years and i miss 660 races.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Todd , He will Port the engine to the pipes to get the best hp , so use the Improvers and just tell him You want a Trail Friendly engine or A BEAST !! LOL .

Todd you Have another Sled right ?

If you do go with a FULL OUT RAGEING BEAST !! LOL

Get a 97 ignition for it , will help alot .

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
96 & 97 ignition...same same right? Curious because most always say 97 or 97 Mach Z ignition. Others have told me the F chassis FIII CDI are the best.

Aren't all the 94-97 CDI boxes the same timing ?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I heard the 97 was a better system? Why, not sure??? Someone will let us Know??

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One thing I doo know Tugger, is that guy knows how too make power!! If he is as good as he was with that 650 Indy @ making power on the Rotax, then right on! That 650 was in the finals in Snow Lake in the open mod 1000cc. Dominated all the way up to that bracket. Glad he switched to DOO!!!

Reactions: TUGGER73

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nope, the 94 to 97 ignitions are the same advance, timing curve, etc. It is just hard to 94-96 ignitions. Look at the CDI boxes they are the same number. The ignition that is different is the 93. It has a much more aggressive curve and for drag racing would be the box, but you have to set the motor different. They didnt put rev limiters in the box until 99.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts