Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS. I AM GOING TO BE HELPING A BUDDY WHO JUST STARTED SNOCROSS RACING. HE BOUGHT A 06 440. WHERE CAN I GET INFO ON THESE SLEDS. SET UPS, JETTING, CLUTCHING, GEARING ETC. I HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH POO AND YAMAHA. AND A LITTLE WITH BOMBI BUT NOT ALOT. ANY ADVICE OR POINTERS WOULD BE GREAT.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Is your buddy running beginner class? If so, better check your rules. Most circuits do not allow beginners to run current year stuff.

If he can run an '06, run at least 110 octane in it. Take it out before the race and make sure the thing will make proper PRM (8500). Some come stock revving too high and some rev too low. Higher TRA numbers increase RPM and lower TRA numbers decrease RPM.

Put 190 mains in it. Put needle in second groove from top unless it is well below 20F. Adjust air screw for the day.

Practice using the pipe warming button. Press and hold button, gradually depress throttle, try to maintain 4500, use button whenever the sled is not moving, let off button before flag man pans the line so the sled has time to clean out.

Take a moment to go through and adjust the suspension. Check that the red nuts on the shocks are open at least 1 turn. We have seen some come completely tight (in makes it stiffer, out makes it softer). Measure front spring preload to be sure they are the same from side to side.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The '06 has the TEAM industries slipper gear for the bottom gear. Do not change it or you will break chains....trust me on that. In fact, I would leave the gearing stock top and bottom.

The only thing the '06 needs is a different helix. I would try to find a 58/44 (.46) or something close to this. The TEAM secondary is new this year and requires a different helix, so the new helixes can be hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.