Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the R motion coming on my new 800 x shorty, I got it for the ride, but also do some racing. Just wondering if anyone had a chance to compare the hook up of the R motion to a regular 2011 etec suspension.I was told the R motion will hook up better but I really didn't hear of anyone that tried it.

·
Super Moderator
1,111 Posts
I tried it out last season. Suspension seems really nice and hooked up well. It was a short ride so we didnt have alot of play time.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I rode a rmotion x model and found the sled stays flatter when you gas it up unlike a sc-5 sled that wants to lift the ski's. You can get the rmotion to lift the ski's , but I found you needed to stand on the back of the running boards and then it was fine.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
I put some miles on a demo last season. Rode back to back with my 08 and a 2011 with sc5. I didn't notice much differences between them.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Just the opposite for me. The r motion was much more of a plush ride vs sc5.
Oh don't get me wrong it was a nice suspension but it didn't leave sreamin to get it now either. They both rode great. My biggest issue was the adjusters, I could never get a sweet spot. If I owned the sled I'm sure with a few hundred miles I would be pleased.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
We rode the R Motion @ Lintlaw last yr...When it comes in a Gade we will buy them for sure...If they are set rite for your weight...a BIG improvement over what we have now...Our opinion...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I know it rides better over all,Just thought someone might of had a chance to compare hole shots with a non R motion. Now I don't expect a hugh difference but every little bit helps.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, I know it rides better over all,Just thought someone might of had a chance to compare hole shots with a non R motion. Now I don't expect a hugh difference but every little bit helps.
It will outshine the sc5 a lot more I think in all areas, but it needs real trail time for better reviews. I'm excited to try it out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the R motion coming on my new 800 x shorty, I got it for the ride, but also do some racing. Just wondering if anyone had a chance to compare the hook up of the R motion to a regular 2011 etec suspension.I was told the R motion will hook up better but I really didn't hear of anyone that tried it.
If you race then you know the key to holshots is suspension setups.., i would say alot of people dont even mess with there setup when they should. That is one of the beautys of the r motion i think it will overall be a better suspension with better funtionability. Like any other suspension that works well it need to be setup for what you want to do. i got to ride one a lot last year and def noticed an improvment from sc5

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
It is not a game changer. It is an improvement.
I don't know about game changer ( ie the original rider forward sled ) but it may raise the bar when it comes to rear suspension expectations if it can ride plush on the smaller hits at lower speeds and at the same time ( read no adjustment ) also handle the big sucker bumps at higher speeds w/o bottoming out. Cat's Fs ride really nice in the stutter bumps but they're not as great on the big hits. Poo's Rush takes the big hits in amazing fashion making them literally all but dissapear but it doesn't ride so nice on the sutters. If this new skid can doo both then I think it will raise the bar for the rest of the industry. Not to mention it has more travel and more adjustability than any other skid on the market....

·
Registered
742 Posts
Was at the dealer and the R motion is on the RS race sled just with different calibrations. I was worried when I also read the RS race sleds were not using the R motion. Now I'm happy as if it didn't work on the track there would be obvious short comings. Not to worry I have found out. It's suppose to be all they say.

·
Registered
399 Posts
1000kms softer than my Xrs for sure
Supple on the title bumps messed with the adjusters a few times , no game changer but a more comfortable ride for those who like to ride medium to somewhat quick. Only thing that required attention was a screw replacement so I didn't loose a knob

·
Registered
139 Posts
last spring i tried the rmotion, after having done over 9000miles on my GSX SE 2011 last season, it was quite the a joy bringer to me cause the air suspension is really poop as to compared to rmotion.... on the test day there was 3 machines to try out.... a mxz 600 ace with sc5, a gsx se 1200 same as my machine and a shorty rmotion with 800 etec... since it was very late in the season, the thawing had done quite a bit of its work and there was a ditch that had quite a gap that when i passed over it with the sc5, air suspension they would bottom out to the pt that i thought i was gonna pas over the handle bars and then i gave it a try with the rmotion, mashmallow city.... no bottoming out soft as heck, every bump and hole i hit was pure delight....

I do alot of dooing every season and i have never rode anything like this rmotion, adjustment is gonna be a thing of the past also... that day i tried it, i rode right after a guy who weight about 150lbs setted at not even #2... where i weigh approx 240lbs and didn't change the settings and it was confy as heck.... a little later my sales rep who is approx 6foot6 and over 375lbs for sure adjusted it to #4.5, he rode found it very confy and tried it again without changing a thing and again i found the machine very confortable....

i'm gonna be a very happy camper this season cause my(GSX SE 2011) air suspension after 40-50 miles would become very ineffective, bouncy or hard as a rock if i loaded the air any higher... this happened most often when the lag became full of snow and the shocks over heated...

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Yeah it's kind of ironic but one of the reasons I ordered a 2012 X-Pkg is to get a plusher ride than my 09 Adrenaline had....The truth is sometimes bassackwards...But it sounds like it can handle the big nasty hits at higher speeds too....I can't wait to try it....The R-Motion is the main reason I pulled the trigger this year, everything else will just be icing on the cake...

I'm also not worried about the upper center shock mount contacting the track. It sounds like it's only an issue in your shop, not out on the trail under normal operating circumstances... And if it is a problem I'm sure Doo will come out with an update to fix it. They probably will anyways even if it's not a problem just to put people's minds at ease...

·
Registered
474 Posts
We rode the R Motion @ Lintlaw last yr...When it comes in a Gade we will buy them for sure...If they are set rite for your weight...a BIG improvement over what we have now...Our opinion...
I also rode it at lintlaw last year, did they have you ride a 2011 renegade vs the 2011 shorty with rMotion? IMO the rMotion beat out the longer track sled by far which should have been smoother.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can't wait to try the RMotion...ring phone ring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts