Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Doo and R-Motion. I see that there are two position for the rear shock, upper and lower. Would anyone like to share their experiences with this and if it makes a difference?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
One position is so called sport position I believe. The other is for normal use... im not sure which hole is for which.... I think the top hole is for sport.....dont quote me...... You may want to do a search on the topic.

·
Registered
417 Posts
New to Doo and R-Motion. I see that there are two position for the rear shock, upper and lower. Would anyone like to share their experiences with this and if it makes a difference?
The bottom hole gives a little softer ride. Did this to both my sleds and they were a more of a softer ride.

·
Registered
839 Posts
More slant to shock, = stiffer

Less slant = softer

On my 900 Adrenaline, I changed it to the softer setting and it rides nicer. You do lose some ski grip.

mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the Doo video calls the upper position "sport" and the lower position "aggressive". I asked the dealer and they weren't sure which was which. nothing in the owners guide.

mikerider, less slant would be the upper position. Is that what you changed to?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2020 XRS 900t could we have more info between the 2 settings , which hole is softer riding ? Dealer told me it’s the top hole , what are the pros and cons ? Would love to hear more about it before I make a change , thanks

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I put the shock in the upper "sport" position and for me it still seems to be a stiff rear suspension.

I had never ridden the sled with it in the other position and have only set the rear torsion springs to their lowest setting as the previous owner had them at 5 for some reason.

Haven't touched the front skid shock and it's on the softest setting also. Coupler blocks on 2. Geared up I'm at 175-180lbs.

After having a 120" GSX and now this Renegade Adrenalin 137", the ride quality isn't there for me-seems to be more stiff than it should be. Maybe I'm missing something?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I like the shot they take at Polaris lol

Reactions: Boylstonrider

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,071 Posts
I put the shock in the upper "sport" position and for me it still seems to be a stiff rear suspension.

I had never ridden the sled with it in the other position and have only set the rear torsion springs to their lowest setting as the previous owner had them at 5 for some reason.

Haven't touched the front skid shock and it's on the softest setting also. Coupler blocks on 2. Geared up I'm at 175-180lbs.

After having a 120" GSX and now this Renegade Adrenalin 137", the ride quality isn't there for me-seems to be more stiff than it should be. Maybe I'm missing something?
We sit so far forward on these sleds, I dont think the suspension ever works as it should.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wisledr, I agree, the '19 Rene Adrenaline is a tad stiff, but still rides quite nice. What I like about it over my '16 Rene Adren is the '19 ski suspension is way softer/better than the '16. (I seem to recall the 2020 comes with a different rear spring part#).

I did a lot of suspension testing when I bought the '19. I recommend the middle spring be in the next to softest setting, not the softest. I run everything on #2, including the coupler blocks.

I did change the mounting hole for the rear shock. Don't remember if I had to go up or down, but as I understand it they all come stock in the stiffer setting.

mike

Reactions: wisledr

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I did a lot of suspension testing when I bought the '19. I recommend the middle spring be in the next to softest setting, not the softest. I run everything on #2, including the coupler blocks.
I have my '19 900ace at the same suspension settings.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just a tid bit from past two days riding with friend, my Adren 900 vs his Enduro 900 (w/ice ripper), both '19's, both high mileage, he weighs 75 lbs more.

He has his set in Std mode, me in Sport.

Each fill up I take a gallon less. His weight? Model & model weight difference? Ice rip vs non? Different ITC modes?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
So top is sport and bottom high performance but what does that mean? Looks like the XRS is set to high performance. Haven't checked my Adrenaline.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Top hole is advertised by Doo as 20% softer than bottom hole.......VERY simple to switch and try....Two 13mm wrenches, pull bolt, move shock eye to upper hole and re install bolt and nut......Try it, you might like it......Top hole is far better for my 115 lbs. wife......If you don't like it, move it back........Only takes a couple minutes.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Top hole is advertised by Doo as 20% softer than bottom hole.......VERY simple to switch and try....Two 13mm wrenches, pull bolt, move shock eye to upper hole and re install bolt and nut......Try it, you might like it......Top hole is far better for my 115 lbs. wife......If you don't like it, move it back........Only takes a couple minutes.
This, is correct.

13mm nut and bolt. It is super-easy to change the position.

Both my 19 GT-L 600R and the wife's 2020 GT-L 900 ACE were in the bottom hole/aggressive position.

I had been reading about how the rMotion is the sweetest riding rear-end on the business but while I thought the ride was good, I was never wow'ed by the plushness and comfort. It turns out the shock had been in the stiffer setting. After I had changed to the upper hole, when I had gone to push down on the rear end, I was thrilled at how much softer the rear was going down.

I do have the center shock on #1 and also have the torsion springs on #1, and even the coupling blocks are on #1. Soft all the way around.

I figure if I ever need to pound through some bumps, I can just increase the air shock and that should help things out in the back. I had put the air shock up to 5 and when I went to strap the rear-end down, I could hardly move the rear end down.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i got to ride, 17 miles off bumped-up trail to start the day off on Saturday and for sure, the switch to the top/Sport-hole, made a difference in the ride as the ride is now smoother than it was in the lower hole/aggressive/performance-position. If it is 20% smoother/softer, I'd not disagree.

The nice thing about having the air-ride shock in the rear is that with a press of some buttons, the ride can go from soft to stiff at any time so to start at extra-soft/plush, is really nice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts