Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few of my buddies with 99 mxzx 440's are telling me to jet to 240 and 250 with their low comp domes. i'm under the impression i'm suppose to use rough 310-330's for the low comp domes. are my buddies running too lean?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Depends if they are running race fuel and or snow-x racing. Very short throttle bursts can allow leaner jetting....especially with 100+ octane.

If they are running pump fuel and trail riding....they are too lean.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope they are running regular 91 fuel and completely trail riding with looooong wide open throttle runs. i'm just gonna be laughing when they burn down because they refuse to listen to me...oh well

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
ouch..... they are probably getting lucky getting away with that lean of jetting because it has been a warm season. Granted it still has been in the teens *F for your area, so some really cold night is probably when they'll need to be towed home.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i'm running with 240's right now and its still to rich i'm gonna go down to a 230, i've never had any problems with it, when i bought the sled it had 300's and it ran like sh&%

·
Registered
436 Posts
The guy at a local sled shop was telling me to run 280s in my 05 converting it over to trail on friday I'll update you guys on how it runs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts