Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just studding up the mach z and the wifes gsx and I notices some of the stud marking on the track line up with the rear idler wheels is this ok?? And also how tight do you tighten down on the studs? The tunnel protectors came out real easy I was suprised, but I did have to grind out the opening to get the new ones in. Any advice from any of you who have experience with this would be helpful and appriciated. I did buy the woodys cutting tool will it work good or does a drill bit work better? thanks in advance

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes its ok for the studs to go under the idler wheels.

The torque specs on the studs usually depends on the backers. For example, using saber plastic backers, the torque spec was 32 inch lbs. So check with your documentation.

Do you have the right tunnel protectors - heighth wise? I dont know what the Mach looks like, but on previous REV's I had to grind out enough of a slot to slide them in.

Use the cutting tool. The drill won't make a clean hole in the track and will pull right through quickly. Keep the cutting tool sharp and keep a little oil handy to make it go through easier.

·
Registered
118 Posts
smgunning said:
Yes its ok for the studs to go under the idler wheels.

The torque specs on the studs usually depends on the backers. For example, using saber plastic backers, the torque spec was 32 inch lbs. So check with your documentation.

Do you have the right tunnel protectors - heighth wise? I dont know what the Mach looks like, but on previous REV's I had to grind out enough of a slot to slide them in.

Use the cutting tool. The drill won't make a clean hole in the track and will pull right through quickly. Keep the cutting tool sharp and keep a little oil handy to make it go through easier.
[snapback]262969[/snapback]​
Put a nick in the face of the cutting tool with a screwdriver and a hammer it will cut fantastic

BRB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts