Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this 98 mxz670 I picked up this year has a quick disconnect fitting in line with the rad hose exiting the thermostat. I have seen this only on the grass drag machines for quick cooling after the sled makes a run down the track. Does anybody know of any other reason for this????? Also how can I tell if this machine had been clutched????

·
Registered
235 Posts
See the quick disconnects at the ice drags too. Has this sled been raced? Drag sleds will have the suspensions set-up different than a trial sled, unless someone was putting it back to stock. The clutching I would think you should be able to tell by riding it. What does it engage at? What's your max rpm? How does it back shift? The other way is pull it apart and look inside. I don't know the stock specs on your sled but I'm sure somebody on doo talk does.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would imagine the easiest way to tell if the clutching has had a "kit" put in is to slide the secondary off, and look at the back of the helix. People that have clutch kits usually have their own helixes and don't put the #'s of the angle(s) on the back of the helix. If it is a stock oem helix, they should have the angle #'s on the back.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
milrlite said:
I would imagine the easiest way to tell if the clutching has had a "kit" put in is to slide the secondary off, and look at the back of the helix. People that have clutch kits usually have their own helixes and don't put the #'s of the angle(s) on the back of the helix. If it is a stock oem helix, they should have the angle #'s on the back.
[snapback]730872[/snapback]​
Thanx guys I'll check that, I'm sure at one time this sled had been raced with that in line fitting on it, I don't see any other reason for installing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.