Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the picture I circled where I think the coolant was coming from. What is this for and is it supposed to be plugged? I thought it was a solid plastic piece but was able to stick a small wire through it. It must be where it came from...over-heated and blew off a plug that used to cover this spout maybe?? What do you guys think.

More explanation:
Last time I had my 03 440 (trail modified) out i was riding powder a lot and then flat fire roads. After a while on the fire road I stopped at an intersection and my sled started smoking A TON. Opened her up and noticed that my coolant was all over the place. I don't think that the cap is the problem (explained above).
I also noticed after we dragged it on the trailer that there was a huge solid peice of ice covering the heat exchange in the back, so much that the track was almost rubbing it and I am pretty sure there was a large air pocket between the heat exchange and the ice block - this would explain the hot engine.

But what is this line for and if I were to put something over it and clamp it would this likely solve my problem?? Thank you thank you thank you!!

View attachment 50212

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
That is the outlet for Carb preheating you'll find on sleds with normal TM carbs. Normaly it should be plugged in a 440 sled. Just find a fitting rubberplug and fit it over the stub and secure it with a small hoseclamp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plush said:
That is the outlet for Carb preheating you'll find on sleds with normal TM carbs. Normaly it should be plugged in a 440 sled. Just find a fitting rubberplug and fit it over the stub and secure it with a small hoseclamp.
[snapback]746989[/snapback]​
That's exactly what I just finished doing. Thanks for the reply - the old plug must have shot off when I was over heating, we'll find out tomorrow if it works for a full day of riding or not. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts