Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is the deal I have a stock 2000 MXZ 700 with 2000 miles on it. This year I added V-Froce 2 reeds, Cudney Clutch Kit, MBRP Race silencer, a new 1" track with 96 saber studs. My question is what should I get for gas milage. The track now has 150 miles on it. My last full take of gas got me 75 and I ran out of gas completly. Should I be getting better gas milage?

THINK SNOW !!!
Justin

·
Registered
216 Posts
well justin it all depends on how mutch your on the trigger, if your hevy on it like myself your getting the same milage as me. but if your just puttin around I would say that your milage is a little low.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
100% stock i can go about 120 miles if i find a decent variable between feathering the loud lever or pinned tight, if im really aggresive, my milage is actually worse than what your getting, my worst is 62 miles

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
About the same as MXZ-nut. Stock on a 01 w/DPM i was about 120. Normally less then the 600's in our group. Espically the older cats! Once it was ported and clutched i drop about $2.00 more then the 2002 XCSP 600. That 700 is one of the best milage per gallon in it's class. Really it's sleddin, if i got 4 MPG i would still be riding! Spendy hobbie or should we say passion! "Your not sleddin unless you use more gas then a V-8 and make more power then a Honda Civic!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright guys thanks.... I'm not concerned about money at all, If that was the case I would have a 500 fan
not a tweeked 700
The reason I asked was because I installed a elec. fuel gauge and I would guess its not working properly ( hence the reason I ran out of gas, it said I had half a tank...lol) So I'm just going to reset my trip miles everytime I fill up until I can get my new fuel gauge in, and go about 75 miles and then fill up.

Thanks Again,
Justin

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Jason,

I ride really aggresive and usally get 90 mpg.

How's the clutch working for you. Are you happy with it?

MSGME

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hey MSGME,

Well I have to say the cluch is great!! Now that my sled is full on gas its runs great!

You will deff. notice a difference in how long a tank of gas last after you install the kit, rpms are much higher . But overall I love the clutch now

The only thinkg I'm "edit for bad language" about is that I have to buy a new gas guage and they sell for 100 bux.
But what can you do, I can't tell how much gas I have unless I have it.

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Justin3 said:
Hey MSGME,

Well I have to say the cluch is great!! Now that my sled is full on gas its runs great!

You will deff. notice a difference in how long a tank of gas last after you install the kit, rpms are much higher . But overall I love the clutch now

The only thinkg I'm "edit for bad language" about is that I have to buy a new gas guage and they sell for 100 bux.
But what can you do, I can't tell how much gas I have unless I have it.
[snapback]295163[/snapback]​
It appears averthing is working out though....and that's cool.
Did Evel install the Kit for you? If so, did you use the long set screws? What's your clicker set at? What are you getting for RPM's now? I put off my installation until this Friday. But it's a go! I'm going to my buddies place, "All Performance Marine and Snowmobile". Cost of install... pass the tools and bring the beer.
Hope to get it out Sat for a test ride.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i got about 80 miles on my tank full. 01mxz700.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts