Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to linq bags and I’ve got two quick questions. Does anyone know where the set screw for the 11l seat bag is suppose to go (is it correct below?) and what purpose does it have? Second question is on the picture of the 21l bag and how it attaches to the linq bracket. Is it attached correctly? It seems like the lip on the bag doesn’t have very much engagement with the linq bracket. It’s like 1/4 inch of engagement at best.
Fixture Household hardware Gas Auto part Metal

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Grille Helmet

Bumper Door Gas Auto part Font

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,902 Posts
On the first photo, the set screw can be turned inward to lock the LinQ lever in place. Those aluminum brackets are sold as a universal type of LinQ bracket.

Most (or all?) LinQ brackets used as standard on BRP bags are now plastic, so they don't have the set screw.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Had my link bags for quite a few years now, never used that set screw don't even know where it is. Never lost a bag yet. As long as when you throw that lever to lock it you feel the detent click I don't think it's needed.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I've had an SR21 bag since 2018 and bought the Medium Sport bag last year & neither have the set screw. That's the 1st time I was aware of them. A couple of guys I know have the older medium bags (w/ the angled front) too. I had them when I was mocking up my 2 position LinQ adapters & never noticed the screw on them.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I may have misunderstood this, the only time I've seen the set screw is the piece that comes with my saddlebags. It's a separate metal piece that you use to hold the left hand side saddlebag. That's the side where other link bags or gas tank hook in underneath the link brackets. Never seen metal or set screw on any bag. Just went back and took a closer look and I see that it's riveted to a bag. Didn't know they did that.

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,902 Posts
My seat bag had that. Tighten in down and the latch can't open. I used it as I never intended to remove my seat bag and it's one more level of security.
On the first photo, the set screw can be turned inward to lock the LinQ lever in place. Those aluminum brackets are sold as a universal type of LinQ bracket.

Most (or all?) LinQ brackets used as standard on BRP bags are now plastic, so they don't have the set screw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts