Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Questions about getting started..

855 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rainychicken 
#1 ·
Okay so I'm looking to get into racing this next winter, I basically have money for a sled and access to a truck to haul it to the track so that's all covered. But I'm curious is the sled gonna get beaten to death? I can afford the sled but how often will I have to pay to fix it? Also how often will I be injured myself? I preffer not to go to the ER
. Altho I'm still very interested in racing I just dont know how often people are injured or basically how brutal it is in general. Any advice would be much apreciated

See less See more
#4 ·
Absolutely!

As mentioned, if you ride within your abilities, you and your sled will stay much healthier. Work hard to improve your skills, ask alot of questions, and you will have more fun than you can imagine! There are classes for all ages and abilities. Check your local race schedule for rules and registration and plan on attending their first race. Depending on where you plan to race, there are people on here from every circuit than can help answer any questions you may have.

I must warn you.....racing is addictive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.