Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my 05 440 out for the first time this weekend on some back trail riding. Sled is set up to run pump gas and everything has been done to do so. sled runs awesome rips out of the whole like crazy. I am running 330 main jets and have a tempa flow set up to 2000 feet and up to about 25 degrees. Sled runs really good like i said, but when i would get out on logging roads and run like 3/4 throttle for a bit the sled would all of a sudden start to loose the rpm's after a bit. i would keep burping the throttle when i was running it, because i didnt know how these motors were at a constant speed. When i was in the short trails it would run mint. No problems at all. Just on the logging roads she would drop to like 6500 then i would slow down and try to keep burping it for a bit. After a bit it would come out of it when i held it wide open and then kept burping it. thought i might be mixing it to rich or something? i am mixing it 40:1. Like i said it ran mint on the short rips and on the short trails, and when it was at diffrent speeds, but it didnt like the logging roads at all. Any help would be appreciated. thanks guys!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 03 440 and after many hours and $ i found that me reason was, my jets i was running to rich i now have 310's in mine try droping down a size or two just to see if that is the case. I've learned that these 440 like to run a little lean i tried to be safe running rich and just caused many problems.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks for the info, i will have to try that and see if it does anything. thanks

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Hold on a second there partner. I would suggest you read the plugs before you start dropping jets. Ride it again and when it is bogging hit the kill and pull the plug.

Is it white and dry? (lean)
Is is white and wet? (waaaaay rich)
Is it black and wet? (way rich)
Is it black or dark brown, but more or less dry? (a little rich)
Is it medium brown? (a touch rich)
Is it cardboard color? (very close)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts