Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Duck, I installed your floating secondary kit last night. I had one shim between the big cup shaped washer and the secondary and there were two behind the cup washer does that sound correct ? I removed the one between the cup and secondary and just one of the two behind the cup leaving one against the bearing and I have just under 1/4'' float, I have not had a chance to try it out due to no snow here. as I told you in a PM I was headed to WY. well I didn't get your kit installed before I left and guess what! Yep after about 300 miles on the spedo of mostly hill climbing booooommm went the belt and the clutches were hot. does it sound like I installed corectly ? Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
renegade8 said:
Hey Duck, I installed your floating secondary kit last night. I had one shim between the big cup shaped washer and the secondary and there were two behind the cup washer does that sound correct ? I removed the one between the cup and secondary and just one of the two behind the cup leaving one against the bearing and I have just under 1/4'' float, I have not had a chance to try it out due to no snow here. as I told you in a PM I was headed to WY. well I didn't get your kit installed before I left and guess what! Yep after about 300 miles on the spedo of mostly hill climbing booooommm went the belt and the clutches were hot. does it sound like I installed corectly ? Thanks
Jim
[snapback]730414[/snapback]​
Yes, You have it installed correctly. You want 1/8" to 1/4" float. I would not run a rev without one of these spacers installed.
On mine I have only the big cup washer installed. I pulled 2 shims from mine. This allows more float towards the bulkhead bearing.
Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that should do it. per your instuctions i thought there was only two shims and the cup washer i had three two behind the cup and one in front. do you think i should remove the last remaining spacer up against the bearing?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
renegade8 said:
Yep that should do it. per your instuctions i thought there was only two shims and the cup washer i had three two behind the cup and one in front. do you think i should remove the last remaining spacer up against the bearing?
[snapback]730567[/snapback]​
I would leave 1 shim between the cup washer and bearing. Mine had 2 to begin with. You say yours had 3 so yours would be fine. Removing 2 shims is all you need to do.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
duck899 said:
renegade8 said:
I would leave 1 shim between the cup washer and bearing. Mine had 2 to begin with. You say yours had 3 so yours would be fine. Removing 2 shims is all you need to do.

[snapback]730578[/snapback]​
what do the shims look like? got a pic?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i had 1 in front of the cup and 2 behind. Thanks again, check out the pics from my ride in WY in'' rev chassis perforance '' look under Wyoming / Idaho climbing mountains puts a huge load on your belt and clutches " HOT " clutches and belt

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
MTdreamRev said:
duck899 said:
renegade8 said:

[snapback]730595[/snapback]​
Here is a pic of the shim between the cup washer and bearing.....Picture is of a rev summit 1000.....

Gas Motor vehicle Engineering Auto part Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
duck899 said:
MTdreamRev said:
duck899 said:
renegade8 said:

[snapback]730595[/snapback]​
Here is a pic of the shim between the cup washer and bearing.....Picture is of a rev summit 1000.....

View attachment 48873
[snapback]730620[/snapback]​
thats what mine looks like now, there were two back there i now have one just like the pic, and i removed the one in front of the cup washer along with about a pound of belt dust and fur everywere. i sure am glad i pluged the 5 holes behind the air box with wifeys pantyhose like ttabs did, the hose had tons of belt dust and tons of fur over them and i sure don't want all that crap in my carbs. looking forward to seeing alot less of that!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
RenegadeRider said:
So...who's a Highmarker that floats there Secondary. I mean someone who heats up them clutches bad View attachment 50866 . Who has tested it and I mean tested it. You know what I mean, to hell and back.
[snapback]757310[/snapback]​
I would not say to hell and back but alot of my riding is done in Valemount and Mcbride B.C.

Trying to keep up with the summits......My buddy rides a 2005 Summit 1000 with the floating secondary and I've rode that thing hard. Still on his first belt with over 1200 km's....most of it mountain riding......The pictures in the previous posts were of his splined shaft in the 1000......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts