Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the 800 PT with electric start the small wirring harness above the air box on the clutch side has a 5 amp fuse. do the non electric start modules have the fuse too? its the harness about 5 inches long with the relay.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not at home with my sled right now but I will check when I get there. May I ask why you are inquiring. Having some trouble?

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
I would think there should be. I have electric start, however...

When the dealer was updating my ECM, they blew the fuse in that location but didn't know it. Afterwards the sled wouldn't do a thing. It wouldn't show any lights, wouldn't start, nothing, it was completely dead. Replaced the fuse and BANG, she fired up fine. They originally thought that fuse was for my temp guage but it wasn't, it is a critical fuse but I don't know exactly what it does...that being said, that's the reason I think non-electric start sleds would have it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my friend just got a 800 x PT with electric start. we are going to take the electric start off. that harness is changed when going from manual to electric. I have the harness from a 04 that I put electric start on. the part # for the 04 and 05 harness is different. I thought the 05 manual start might have the fuse too. will try the 04 harness. if it dose not work will just have to order the 05 harness.

thanks guy's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts