Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much of a diffrence does the head make vs stock. i have a 2001 mxz 700 and bought it with the head, v-force reeds, and it was ported and polished by the ski-doo race dept.never been on a stocker so i was just wondering if any one could tell me the diffrences

·
Just the Tip!!
2,509 Posts
I called them up Yesterday and had a 20 min conversation with them, they had nothin but good things to say, and on the flipside ive heard nothin but good things. He told me that it widens ure powerband extremely and maximizes performance, because of its cooling efficiency and hemispherical combustion chamber, which burns off left behind gasses, and increases fuel efficiency, u can bet im gonna go with one.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,180 Posts
Friend had one on a 02 800 mxz. Made the sled 2-3 lengths faster in 1000' runs. Better milage as well. Never did overheat.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
BTANK said:
I called them up Yesterday and had a 20 min conversation with them, they had nothin but good things to say, and on the flipside ive heard nothin but good things. He told me that it widens ure powerband extremely and maximizes performance, because of its cooling efficiency and hemispherical combustion chamber, which burns off left behind gasses, and increases fuel efficiency, u can bet im gonna go with one.
[snapback]283401[/snapback]​
The RKT head is great. But you just can't bolt it on and go. you will have to jet it down. With the RKT head and domes on my 02 800 I went from the stock 520N main jets [ witch are = to 560 main jets] to a 490 main jet. thats 7 jet sizes , big difference. Be ready to change main jets and read plugs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put one on my 2000 mxz 700 and it made a world of difference.I have about the same set as you,ported,reeds,5mm base gasket.This made clutching a dream as the power band was much wider also it was better on gas and helped me to eat more cats.

·
Registered
583 Posts
mxz700(ss670) said:
I put one on my 2000 mxz 700 and it made a world of difference.I have about the same set as you,ported,reeds,5mm base gasket.This made clutching a dream as the power band was much wider also it was better on gas and helped me to eat more cats.

[snapback]286674[/snapback]​
what is your squish with the .5mm gasket. I to am thinking about buying the head. I have the same setup with .6mm gasket and .072 squish. Did you notice any extra power at the bars on your 700.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.