Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a new to me 02 mxz 800 with dpm. the previous owner machined out the carbs to install power jets in the top of the carb throat. I want to replace these carbs with a set I have sitting on the shelf. I already know what I should use for jets for a non-dpm 800, but what do I do with the existing dpm? can I just disconnect the dpm plug that goes from the air box to the mpem? I don't know much about this dpm thing, so any comments or suggestions will be appreciated, and will be selling the power jetted carbs soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
just got a new to me 02 mxz 800 with dpm. the previous owner machined out the carbs to install power jets in the top of the carb throat. I want to replace these carbs with a set I have sitting on the shelf. I already know what I should use for jets for a non-dpm 800, but what do I do with the existing dpm? can I just disconnect the dpm plug that goes from the air box to the mpem? I don't know much about this dpm thing, so any comments or suggestions will be appreciated, and will be selling the power jetted carbs soon. Thanks.
On that machine the DPM alters the pressure in the fuel bowls.Just leave the carburetor vent lines to atmosphere if you don't want to use it. If the carbs are the same as the ones that came on the machine, just make sure they are jetted to the same specs as the DPM model and run them. If the system is there you might as well use it. It works down to -4 f.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts