Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my SnowGoer mag today it says,

"A judge in Quebec has put the brakes on snowmobiling on the Petit Train du Nord trail and authorized payments to 600 residents living within 100 meters of the trail. The 30km section of trail, will also be closed for winter.
In her ruling, Superior Court Justice Helene Langlois said that noise levels were unacceptable along the trail. She ordered an annual payment of $1200 to go to residents living within 100 meters of the trail, retroactive to 1997. Total payments could equal more than 8 million."

Anyone have any details on this?

DT

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
that is one of the gayest things I have heard! I think I need a monetary settlement for having to deal with so many stupid people in the world.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
TT R U sure it has been halted. I thought it was finalized but that the government had created a law to prevent anybody else from sueing the government over the same issue for the next 18 months. In that 18 months they were going to try and figure out how to stop these lawsuits.

BTW it is true and if it is not stopped we will have no trials PERIOD. Just think how many trails pass closer than 100m from a house. A whole boatload!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Ok maybe im wrong on that, I was under the impression it was going to be overturned and the govt is looking into preventing future lawsuits like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts