Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
563461 - 563480 of 566787 Posts

·
Ford hater
20,377 Posts
Stuck on the fence on what to do… threw my 800 on the interwebs for a rather “stupid” price, and now I got a guy who wants it… it’s not a run of the mill rev. It’s a little bit of everything, but if I say “yes” it’s $3800 in my hands. Other hand, if I say yes, it’s last time I’ll likely have a rev that’s been set up to be used and not worry about bending it. And it’s only got 700 miles since it was totally rebuilt (motor, brand new chassis, 440 nun and supports, sc4x, brand new 1.75 track, and tons of other new stuff)

So I’m stuck, do I sell it and run and throw the $3800 in the bank, or do I keep it and just look at it and hope for winter to show up for once to finally ride it again.

Replacing it and rebuilding a rev into the same sled would be next to impossible now and cost well more then $3800, but same time a rev is old news and the zx chassis now where the want is gone and the value is mostly gone. Decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
doughnut boy
12,797 Posts
Stuck on the fence on what to do… threw my 800 on the interwebs for a rather “stupid” price, and now I got a guy who wants it… it’s not a run of the mill rev. It’s a little bit of everything, but if I say “yes” it’s $3800 in my hands. Other hand, if I say yes, it’s last time I’ll likely have a rev that’s been set up to be used and not worry about bending it. And it’s only got 700 miles since it was totally rebuilt (motor, brand new chassis, 440 nun and supports, sc4x, brand new 1.75 track, and tons of other new stuff)

So I’m stuck, do I sell it and run and throw the $3800 in the bank, or do I keep it and just look at it and hope for winter to show up for once to finally ride it again.

Replacing it and rebuilding a rev into the same sled would be next to impossible now and cost well more then $3800, but same time a rev is old news and the zx chassis now where the want is gone and the value is mostly gone. Decisions

I all depends how bad you want it gone .. or how bad you just want to keep it..
that’s your only sled isn’t it

I’m on the fence on selling my 800 too .. don’t need the money.. just don’t see myself riding it so why keep it .. got my 900 to ride

Sent from the bakery using Tapatalk

·
Ford hater
20,377 Posts
I all depends how bad you want it gone .. or how bad you just want to keep it..
that’s your only sled isn’t it

I’m on the fence on selling my 800 too .. don’t need the money.. just don’t see myself riding it so why keep it .. got my 900 to ride

Sent from the bakery using Tapatalk
I’ve got my 2015, that’s sitting at the dealer waiting for a motor, which is back ordered , worst case I do have access to other sleds (dads) that are sitting on the lift, with the highest mileage being 280 on his 2018, 250 on his 2019, and 0 on his 2020

I’m not hurting for money either, if I did sell it, I’d just take the $3800, drive to the bank, and throw it at my motorcycle loan to pay of sooner… but if things keep going like they are with work, I should have my bike paid off next year at this time with the extra overtime I’m working. So it’s not a huge make or break deal. I love the rev chassis’s and it’s been mostly built into what I wanted, and some stuff was basically used as “gift” money from my grandmother when she passed away. So in turn, it’s got a bit of sentimental value. But the same time. It’s just a rev, I loved the zx chassis also, and still kick myself for selling my 02 mxz 800x that was super clean. This sled is clean also, and has tons a new parts, the only “concerned” area I have is the stator is an aftermarket I was talked into, but a new stator is only $400. And it’s a heck of a lot cheaper then a new g4 ($9k for a sport, or $12k for a tnt 600etec) so what does it cost me to sit in the garage? A whole $70 a year with insurance and trail reg…

Now my luck. I keep it and I’ll melt the motor down next ride

Reactions: G-Doo13

·
Ford hater
20,377 Posts
Last time the sled was rode was jan 8th 2018, I’ve wanted to ride it. Just anything and everything has came up and blocked me from using it

·
On Thin Ice with Steve
36,101 Posts
I’ve got my 2015, that’s sitting at the dealer waiting for a motor, which is back ordered , worst case I do have access to other sleds (dads) that are sitting on the lift, with the highest mileage being 280 on his 2018, 250 on his 2019, and 0 on his 2020

I’m not hurting for money either, if I did sell it, I’d just take the $3800, drive to the bank, and throw it at my motorcycle loan to pay of sooner… but if things keep going like they are with work, I should have my bike paid off next year at this time with the extra overtime I’m working. So it’s not a huge make or break deal. I love the rev chassis’s and it’s been mostly built into what I wanted, and some stuff was basically used as “gift” money from my grandmother when she passed away. So in turn, it’s got a bit of sentimental value. But the same time. It’s just a rev, I loved the zx chassis also, and still kick myself for selling my 02 mxz 800x that was super clean. This sled is clean also, and has tons a new parts, the only “concerned” area I have is the stator is an aftermarket I was talked into, but a new stator is only $400. And it’s a heck of a lot cheaper then a new g4 ($9k for a sport, or $12k for a tnt 600etec) so what does it cost me to sit in the garage? A whole $70 a year with insurance and trail reg…

Now my luck. I keep it and I’ll melt the motor down next ride

You can drive it to work when your truck is getting new lifters done....

Sent from my Taliban satellite phone

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,455 Posts

Is this an internet offer? Or did he actually show up and look at it?

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

563461 - 563480 of 566787 Posts