Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a 2005 500ss but would like to get a 800 bought i was thinking now about dumping a 800 motor into and building a sleeper sled instead of selling a nd buying a sled, i know guys that have done with other sleds but i know nobody that has done it with a rev. so any advice would be appreciated and what modifictaions will be required to do this.

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
jutter9784500ss said:
i own a 2005 500ss but would like to get a 800 bought i was thinking now about dumping a 800 motor into and building a sleeper sled instead of selling a nd buying a sled, i know guys that have done with other sleds but i know nobody that has done it with a rev. so any advice would be appreciated and what modifictaions will be required to do this.
[snapback]701942[/snapback]​
Get the 2005 Service manuel from your dealer and follow the steps! hah, I can imagine you pulling away from some 600's and them going .. " *%@ "

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
I have done quite a few motor swaps of all sorts. Drop me a pm with your questions

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,580 Posts
Secondary clutch is different, SS has the old secondary.
Primary clutch is different
belt
Gearing is different
Not sure about exhaust
Electronics are different
Special coded teather for each motor unless you modify it.

If you swap, you want to change everything, electronics and all. So find a smashed 800 and then sell your SS set up after everything is swapped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.