Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... I have an '01 Mxz chassis. I don't have series 3 engine but do have a spare 670. I'm looking for someone who has done this or knows of a company who makes a motor mount for this conversion.

In the 670, the intake-rotary, carbs sit too low and hit both the motor mount and the jackshaft. The motor also sits flat and not tipped in any way. Everything else seems to fit fine...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm not certain it can be done. The whole reason Doo went to the reed valve motor was to get it to fit up tighter to the front off tunnel and lower in the bulkhead. The rotory valve motors would not allow for this because of the low carb placement. Do yo have a pic?

Anything is possible if enough time and money is spent but I don't think this is an easy project.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rockrider,
I have heard of it being done. Here is a site that a guy has it installed... (sort of)http://www.geocities.com/blackmxz/00a01a

If you look at the engine pics, he has the jackshaft out but the engine sitting in place. The carbs would be hitting the jackshaft if it was in place. Also, the left carb would hit the motor mount as it is just an inch or so from the intake port.

No doubt in my mind it can be done. Yes, the one problem is lowering the cg with a rotary intake is more difficult. I thought some company was making motor plates for this conversion. I would rather buy one done than design one from scratch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I think it would be a great mod. I believe the 670 is a better motor than the new Series III's. I wonder if there would be any clearance issues at the top of the motor and cowling? From the pics it looks like a new Y-pipe is needed, and then a pipe I'd bet.

I'm interested if somebody is offering a motor plate. Seems like somebody could make some $ by offering a conversion kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Wayne,
Thanks for the pics.... It looks like the stock mount has been cut and rewelded? Also 2- 1"(?) aluminum shims??? The motor in the chassis looks to be leaning/tilted forward more than mine. I'll just have to look and think more.....

Rockrider, I agree. I really like the 670 motor. Pretty bullet proof. No clearance issues that I can see at this time! As the motor sits now, there is plenty of room for the engine. Also, I am using the manifold and complete exhaust pipe off of a Summit X. No clearance issues on the pipe at all! As a matter of fact, right now it looks like it was made for the chassis. Fits the same exhaust outlet also!!!

Thanks for the help and keep the info coming!!!!!!!

Mxz440 H.O. said:
Hey everyone... I have an '01 Mxz chassis. I don't have series 3 engine but do have a spare 670. I'm looking for someone who has done this or knows of a company who makes a motor mount for this conversion.

In the 670, the intake-rotary, carbs sit too low and hit both the motor mount and the jackshaft. The motor also sits flat and not tipped in any way. Everything else seems to fit fine...

Thanks in advance!
[snapback]260169[/snapback]​

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ttt
Mxz440 H.O. said:

Thanks in advance!
[snapback]260169[/snapback]​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts