Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Irondog has slightly different setup than mine but his is a good setup too. This one uses all the factory 440 controls on your stock HO sled. May be slightly different for a SDI.
Here's the link to Irondog's setup in the mountain forum.
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...&hl=irondog

Wire pinout for 440 controls to the main 6/800HO body harness.

Item Wire Color Pin I.D.

Left Hot Grip---- orange-- in from switch
Left Hot Grip---- orange/violet-- in from switch
Left Hot Grip---- black--- 1 or Grd.

Right Hot Grip---- orange-- in from switch
Right Hot Grip---- orange/violet-- in from switch
Right Hot Grip---- Grey/Yellow -- 1 or Grd.

Thumbwarmer---- brown-- in from switch
Thumbwarmer---- brown/yellow-- in from switch
Thumbwarmer---- yellow/black-- 1 or Grd.

Dimmer-- grey -- 10
Dimmer-- red/orange-- 11
Dimmer-- grey/violet --12

RER Switch---- beige-- 8
RER Switch---- red/grey-- 5

Kill Switch black--- 1
Kill Switch black/yellow--- 2 in 03/6 in 04

Hot Grip/Thumb Switch--- red/yellow --13
Hot Grip/Thumb Switch--- orange-- out to element
Hot Grip/Thumb Switch--- orange/violet-- out to element

NOTE: When using a 440 speedo with a Powertech harness you need to swap pins 4 and 7 on the large grey connector that plugs into the gage for the Tach to work.

You can use your stock handlebar connector and splice in the 440 wires or just buy a new connector and pins to make it easy.
Thanks Helped alot

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hot Grip/Thumb Switch--- red/yellow --13
Hot Grip/Thumb Switch--- orange-- out to element
Hot Grip/Thumb Switch--- orange/violet-- out to element
Only thing I dont get is what is the Hot grip/Thumb Switch?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
At the beginning of this post revbaron linked irondog's how-to on this mod. I mostly followed iron dogs steps and found one picture in particular that was a HUGE help. On page 2 of that link, the last 2 pictures. Mainly the one showing all the switches wired up to the harness.

I do have a question though, I have yet to test any of the wiring I did out, and was wondering for the reverse button (I used the zx RER button) does it matter which wire goes where on the button? same with the killswitch. I bought a fly (push button style) killswitch, and both wires were black, so I just randomly wired them to the existing killswitch wires (that go to harness). Can someone tell me if what I did will work, or if i'm retarded and have to go back and fix it!

By the way this is one of the best mods I think you can do, especially if you run aftermarket handle bars.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
At the beginning of this post revbaron linked irondog's how-to on this mod. I mostly followed iron dogs steps and found one picture in particular that was a HUGE help. On page 2 of that link, the last 2 pictures. Mainly the one showing all the switches wired up to the harness.

I do have a question though, I have yet to test any of the wiring I did out, and was wondering for the reverse button (I used the zx RER button) does it matter which wire goes where on the button? same with the killswitch. I bought a fly (push button style) killswitch, and both wires were black, so I just randomly wired them to the existing killswitch wires (that go to harness). Can someone tell me if what I did will work, or if i'm retarded and have to go back and fix it!

By the way this is one of the best mods I think you can do, especially if you run aftermarket handle bars.

Thanks
I am about to do this mod as well and my only issue also involves the kill and RER switches. Like stated above, does it matter what wires are put where?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a 2007 800 powertek harness and was wondering if the pinout on the first page of this thread goes with that harness too?
All the wires seem to be the same except I have a black/yellow wire in number 6 on the connector and it doesnt say anything about
that on the wire pinout. Anybody know what that wire is for? Thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Don't know the answer to your question but why don't you follow it and see where it goes. Here is a bump to the top for you anyway...I did this to my 500ss and didn't run into your issue, I followed IronDogs instrustions (which I think uses revbarons info too) good info on his posts too found here http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113723&st=15 second last post.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Take some pictures of the wire and make a new thread, no one seems to be answering this thread right now, it gets lost in the threads where people are too concerned with questions on how to detail their sled and why their brand new sled pushes with even the largest carbide any company offers

But I think if you post a new thread, take a picture of your problem, you will get help more quickly. Also take a pic of the harness that has the black/yellow wire. Your black/yellow sounds like it might be for the kill switch. If I remember correctly You should've been able to follow that wire up to the stock kill switch.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.