Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I guess I meant more of a package of parts all put together, so they're all there and all the right parts, but then have the wires color coded or labeled for the where to wire it into your stock sled.

Its gonna cost alot no matter what way you do it, cuz u still need to buy all the parts anyway......
I have a set of 440 bars with all of the grips and wiring plugs etc. These would be plug and play on ANY REV. I will sell for $350 + shipping. If you add up the parts to do this it is well over $350. These also have the 440 killswitch. For grip switches you would just use the stock left hand side control but the bars will plug right into factory harness correctly...

·
Registered
760 Posts
for the main connector,
1-kill switch
2-brake light switch
3-brake light switch
4-kill switch
6-RER button
8-headlight dimmer
9-headlight dimmer
10-headlight dimmer
11-Handwarmer 12V+

i think i'm missing a wire or two as it goes to the small 2 pin connector, i will hafta look again and see where they went

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
for the main connector,
1-kill switch
2-brake light switch
3-brake light switch
4-kill switch
6-RER button
8-headlight dimmer
9-headlight dimmer
10-headlight dimmer
11-Handwarmer 12V+

i think i'm missing a wire or two as it goes to the small 2 pin connector, i will hafta look again and see where they went
I'm only swapping out my hotgrips. Does anyone know which color wire is hi and which is low?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I'm only swapping out my hotgrips. Does anyone know which color wire is hi and which is low?
It doesnt matter which color is hi or low. Its which ever wire you put to hi or low on the switch and then from low to hi it will just give the grip a little more juice to make it hotter.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here's a question. A friend of mine is in the middle of putting a 2000 600 in a 2004 race chassis. Went ahead and bought the wiring harness from the sled that the motor came from but we're still waiting for it to get shipped here. Did this sled have the programmable tether?...and would i be buying the same plug and pins to that are listed to leave the 440 bar controls on there with that motor?

Im trying to get all his parts orderred but its hard to tell without having that wiring harness here yet.

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am now doing this conversion on my 2004 MXZ X 800ho and was just wondering what the part numbers to the conectors(plugs) and pins are that i should buy.

Mitch
Its pretty easy. Just look at the 07 800 ho XRS microfiche. I have a 06 600 ho sdi adrenaline and i bought all the parts from a 07 xrs 600 ho sdi (including steering harness) and it was basically just match colors to colors. If you need any help....feel free PM me....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Its pretty easy. Just look at the 07 800 ho XRS microfiche. I have a 06 600 ho sdi adrenaline and i bought all the parts from a 07 xrs 600 ho sdi (including steering harness) and it was basically just match colors to colors. If you need any help....feel free PM me....
i already have all the wiring, i just need the pins that fit into my existing plugs.

Mitch

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you are plugging right into the main harness then you will need ten of the small terminals and three of the big ones. The part numbers are:

515175232 -small terminals
515175273 -bigger terminals

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I NEED HELP!!! i am instaling the zx toggles for the handwarmers and thumb warmers, i have one switch for each, and i only have three wires, 2 on the switch and one to # 1 on the plug and dont know what is supose to go on the other terminal on the switch.

Mitch

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
3,931 Posts
are all the wires the same colors on the main wiring harness form 03-07? and same go for the 440 handle bar controls?

·
Registered
779 Posts
okay, i have one last question for everyone to complete my 440 bar conversion. i just bought the 04 440 pre-heat switch and was wondering how i cut the resistor inside, do i have to cut it open to get at it? pics would be helpful or just an explination would be great,

thanks
Mitch

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just installed my '04 preheat button and was unsure about how to cut the resistor. I sliced the loom covering the wire about half way up-you can feel the thicker part where the resistor is. All I did was cut out the resistor where it ties in to the two wires. I'm not sure if this is correct or not but it sounds like that's what you have to do when I did a search. I have not fired up the sled to test it yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just did this to my sled this weekend... Works pretty good and I like getting rid of the switch console up top. I hooked up 2 three position switches, one for hand warmers / thumb warmer, and the other to high beam low beam. Then I used a spring loaded toggle switch for my RER / electric start. I also used a push style momentary switch to move my kill switch to the dash board.

While wiring good to know which wires do what

Orange violet out of both hand warmers controls the high setting

Orange out of both hand warmers controls the low setting

Brown Yellow from thumb warmer controls the Hi setting

Brown from thumb warmer controls the low setting

Grey violet from the dimmer switch controls High beams

Grey from dimmer switch controls the low beam

Hit me up if you have questions...very easy mod to do.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.