Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do u guys think i should expect to pay purchasing an 04 600ho SDI with apprx. 2000miles on it after the riding season is over? I really like this sled and am going to purchase after the season is over to hopefully save a little money. Thanks

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
scottdip said:
What do u guys think i should expect to pay purchasing an 04 600ho SDI with apprx. 2000miles on it after the riding season is over? I really like this sled and am going to purchase after the season is over to hopefully save a little money. Thanks
[snapback]708976[/snapback]​
It depends on if it is a X or not. I am asuming it is not. I would say the trail or sport with 2,000 miles should be in the $4500 + - $500 range.
-Good luck, I love my SDI

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
at the end of the season... $4250 tops! (assuming adrenaline also assuming excellent condition, NO mods, NO studs) 500$ more for X. Sleds at the end of the current season are worth close to 500$ less than they would be in the fall (assuming snow)

remember after this season there will be used 06s and they really are that much better than prior year REVs decreasing their value- lower ride height and SC-4 make other's worth less... but makes for good deals on 03-05s...

while revs are still indemand there are NOW a LOT of them out there! (not sure anyone is selling anything in quantity other than revs! not in CNY anyway)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes you are right it wouldn't be the X. $4250 tops huh. That is about what i'm ready to spend. Hoping to a deal cause i'm gonna pay cash.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You know about the ring hype. I wouldn't worry about it. I was and slightly am still but I have had no loss of power in 2500 miles and get great mileage and oil usage. I also thought it would cost more to buy..... hmm. Someone wanted mine (with Cudney kit and J&T can for $5500 at the beginning of this season.....) and I didn't sell. Wish I did now.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sorry all you 04 owners, as I'm sure lot of you really like you sled and you most likey have nice sleds.. but....

As Viper said (I can't believe I just typed that and didn't edit it out lol)
Each year the rev has been imporved upon. If I were looking at a used Rev and there was a choice of 04, 05, or 06 I would be considering the price of each PLUS the cost of making the next year(s) upgrades. The 05 and 06 have reinforcements in the front that the 04 didn't have (IF you ride hard these are a must!) the 06 has the SC-4 that only the 05 MXZx came with (excluding the Mach) I for one don't like the lower front end of the 06. In deep snow it's that much more snow that is allowed to come over the front bummper and filling the headlights which can be a BIG problem when riding @ night. (but your not buying an 06 so nevermind)

Remove the can and make sure the cradle isn't bent. Look closely at the nun area and make sure eash is straight. Front shock springs should be almost centered in the A-arm. There is so much to look @ when buying a used sled let it set in a warm place and after the snow has melted go over it very carefully. Search the threads here to get an idea what you look at. Because replacement parts are NOT cheap!
05SDI

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks 05SDI. I got a good couple of guys i know who are going with me when i find one and they know quite a bit. Maybe you want to sell after this season Fatboy. Thanks for all the help. This is a great website for getting info on sleds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts