Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my 03 800 REV for the 1st time yesterday after storage over the summer and ended up with a huge puddle on the trailer deck from the exhaust. I remember the same thing happening last year but don't remember what the outcome was. I had it running for a while but still would not idle. It has new boots and ran great when I put it away. I am actually thinking the idle situation might be octane????????

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was fogged. It was no stain it was a black puddle at least say a couple of cups, enough to run off the trailer when I tilted it. Seemed like an oil gas fog oil mix. Would be nice if we had some snow to test it on. :headbang

·
Registered
428 Posts
My guess would be gas leaking from the carbs was it temperature controlled storage? Heat could cause pressure in the tank pushing through the fuel system through the carbs and draining in the the motor had it happen before as for the idle issue clean the carbs fresh gas and I'd personally throw some float needles at it to good luck

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
348 Posts
My did that but it was gas the seats in the carbs were shot flooding the crank case . I didn't pay much attention to it but not addressing the issue cost me a crank . The gas washed all the grease out of the bearings and it wasn't pretty . Not saying that's what you got going on but I'd make sure it's not gas for your own Piece of mind ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Think i just ran into the problem darren. Took my exhaust off and a nice bit of gas came pouring out of it. Ran great for a nice 15 minute run last night let it sit a couple hours then this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts