Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer called to tell me why my sled was bogging at different speeds and here is what he had to say. First one of the carb boots was loose from the factory and therefore it could not seal properly. Second he said the boot looked deformed. My advice to pt owners with a bog is to check your carb boots and make sure they are tight sealed. He checked my piston and said it looked good. This could just be a fluke but wow. Hers the kicker, I told him about the bog at my 10 hour check and when I picked it up he said there was a lean condition showing but that was because there was snow and ice under my hood and in my air box. That was at 500 kms, oh yeah it also smoked a belt. Now it has 800 kms and my sliders are toast. My clutches also engaged at different rpms 3800-5000 rpms violently. He took my primary apart and said some of the pins were sticking. Dont get me wrong I love my sled and my dealer is a great guy. This is just a heads up and hopefully a fix for other pt owners with simular problems.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts