Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they're out there... In the back of your garage, under a tarp... So, anyone that has a 'Doo '86-'93 that's sporting a teardrop cowl, feel free to slap a pic on. I'd be more than happy to view them.

Here's mine, a 1993 Formula Plus 580. Not the fastest thing on snow, but certainly not the slowest, either.

So what have you guys got to offer?

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here ya go. Check these out. Note the rear skid. 1998 MXZ SC-10. 1989 Formula plus with a 521 Lc. twin,40 mm Mics and a 501 rotary. This little sh&% flys. 90 mph easily. Also hangs the skis wickidly long on takeoff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lookin' good guys. M-10, I like the SC-10 rear skid idea, did you have to mod the mounts much to get it in there? You look like you could use some aftermarket skis, I got some Simmons Flexi's on mine and they did wonders for it. Flotation, HANDLING, handling, looks, handling... They're awesome. They would really top off that sled of yours with the SC-10 and all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah! I had to drill out the rear mounting points and move them forward. Also the front mount holes had to be repositioned rearward from orig spot and 1/8 alum plate was used to reinforce the front mount point. I would like to put newer skis on the old girl but I have 2 98 MXZs and that puts the little plus on the back burner. Havent even rode it but once last year but I still keep her around. Lots of good rides have been had on that old sled. What I really like is the fact that it can sit all summer and still starts on the very first pull every year.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Right after I got it (before I found a good deal on a trailer.) Check out the 1970 GTO Rally II wheels on the trailer! Never should have sold this sled. The kid I sold it to wrapped it around a tree shortly after. I heard he didn't get hurt, but totalled the sled.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
At the motel in West Yellowstone with the tall windshield I put on just for this trip. I had removed all the decals except the main stripes. I'm no expert on these sleds, but had a buddy who was service manager at the local Doo dealer in the 80's and early 90's who told me the '86 was the fastest stock 521. The thing flew

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts