Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don’t have a bullit 7’ wide inline but have a similar Triton TC167.

2 renegades can be loaded by driving in forward. The front sled will need the rear picked up and moved a foot or so to the outside wall to give the rear sled enough room.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought a new one last year, like it alot. I carry a pair of 137’s just fine. A bit snug but they fit fine. Front sled you do have to move the track over a bit towards the wall, no big deal. Front sled in the pic has a medium windshield, just stay back a little bit from the front and it clears the sloped front with no issues. Side note, the Bullitt is lower than most hybrids its size, the head room is low but it fits in my 7’ tall garage door no problem. They do have an option for 6” taller version though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a new one last year, like it alot. I carry a pair of 137’s just fine. A bit snug but they fit fine. Front sled you do have to move the track over a bit towards the wall, no big deal. Front sled in the pic has a medium windshield, just stay back a little bit from the front and it clears the sloped front with no issues. Side note, the Bullitt is lower than most hybrids its size, the head room is low but it fits in my 7’ tall garage door no problem. They do have an option for 6” taller version though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank You!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well I myself drove 3 hours each way last weekend to buy a used TC167 that is in new condition. Boy Triton trailers are built nice vs the others.

So hauling empty - nothing in it but the spare tire, driving 70mph, the mileage in my truck is exactly the same as hauling my father in law's deck over two place enclosed Triton (hauled it to Colorado and back last year). 17-18mpg behind my 1500 Silverado 3.0 Diesel. Truck got 24 on the way there.

I think there are many benefits to the narrow trailer, but I would say that committing to the inline concept as some sort of aero advantage is probably ambitious.
Wheel Tire Cloud Automotive parking light Sky

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Triton deck-over clamshell trailers tend to get pretty good mileage. When people tout the areo advantages of the inline they are usually comparing it to a hybrid deck-over or whatever you call a deckover with a rear ramp door (not flip top).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a Prostar Bullitt 16 foot inline this year an am impressed with the quality of the build. We picked up our new 137's today and they fit ok. I took the option for an extra 6 inches height and front access as well as trailer brakes. After reading the forums here I hope I don't regret getting brakes. No winter experience with the trailer but will advise how it works out.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
You will need to service those brakes every year or they will give you problems at the worst possible time.

This applies to ANY snowmobile trailer.

When my brakes go bad I simply remove them. Never had any issues towing. I tow with a 2500 HD 6.0 Silverado

Congratulations on the new trailer..Nice looking.

Don~

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will need to service those brakes every year or they will give you problems at the worst possible time.

This applies to ANY snowmobile trailer.

When my brakes go bad I simply remove them. Never had any issues towing. I tow with a 2500 HD 6.0 Silverado

Congratulations on the new trailer..Nice looking.

Don~
I'll definitely follow that advice to service the trailer brakes regularly. My oldest son is a heavy diesel mechanic and we have been servicing/replacing the brakes on our vehicles and ATVs for some time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts