Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just picked up this sled used. It had BR9ES plugs in it. I don't trust any previous owner to have used proper plug. I looked in Ski-Doo Service Manual and it doesn't list plug for my specific model. Only other models with 700 triple and it says BR10ES. Touring models with other motors says BR9ES. Called Ski-Doo and they said follow owners manual and call dealer. Different dealers give different answers. Owners manual is same as SM and lists different models with same engine and same model with different engine.

The difference between the 9 and the 10 is two heat ranges causes NGK lists a 9.5.

I bought the sled not running. It's running now. It needs lots of gaskets and boots replaced from age. Since I have never run the machine I have no baseline for plug readings.

Once I replace everything and have it running without any air leaks and rage cages installed I want to at least start with the proper plug.

Does anyone know for sure the proper plug for a 1997 Grand Touring se with a 700 triple?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
BR9ES @ .018" gap is what I would use.

Also have been using BR9EYA @ .018" on Doo triples, but they cost a little more than the BR9ES option.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Taken for OEM Ski-Doo spec book.

zd3UFih.jpg?1

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Parts list even shows the BR9ES. Like PMA123 said, BR9EYA are also a good option. Basically the same thing except it has a groove in the anode to help prevent fouling. Arctic Cat uses them a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is not my first rodeo. I have been working in the automotive service industry for 30 years. Both in the aftermarket and for an OEM. I also worked aftermarket parts for three years back in the day when parts people had a brain. You know when you walked in with a bearing off your wife's blender cause you know most all bearings are standard, and want to order a bearing and the clown behind the counter didn't ask "you what model of car?" "You don't have a model?" "Can't help you. Bearing book? No all we have is the computer. "

The Grand Touring Supplement 484 0647 04 refers you to the Formula III & Mach book 484 0647 02. That Service Manual states on page 05-04-01 "NGK spark plugs used on 1997 Bombardier snowmobiles covered in his manual - BR10ES.

The Owner Manual says a Touring Model w/o 700 triple takes a BR9ES and the Formula and MACH machines with the 700 triple take the BR10ES.

I didn't ask cause I don't know how to look the info up. I asked cause I found conflicting documentation from Ski-Doo and I am way to smart to rely on a dealer like they tell me too when I contact them (Ski-Doo).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts