Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 2003 Rev 440 LC - the microfische says to fun a BR9ES for the 2003 models.....

However for the 04 and newer 440's it says to run the BR9ECS - I've talked to many people and i'm getting conflicting reports.......

Some say to run the ES / while a couple of others told me that SKi Doo found that the ECS runs better in the 440's and they recommened using them in all the 440's.

Anybody have any insight on this issue.

Cost isn't an issue - even though the ECS is more than double the cost of the ES

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
abors24 said:
i've got a 2003 Rev 440 LC - the microfische says to fun a BR9ES for the 2003 models.....

However for the 04 and newer 440's it says to run the BR9ECS - I've talked to many people and i'm getting conflicting reports.......

Some say to run the ES / while a couple of others told me that SKi Doo found that the ECS runs better in the 440's and they recommened using them in all the 440's.

Anybody have any insight on this issue.

Cost isn't an issue - even though the ECS is more than double the cost of the ES

Thanks
[snapback]704584[/snapback]​
Far as I'm concerned I wouldn't waste money on the ECS (actually 3 to 4 times the price).

I have run both the EYA and ES with great success (03's and 04's) but some have said (including me) the EYA perform better and help with sleds that are prone to fouling. I have switched a couple of friends from ECS to EYA and the fouling problem dissappeared.

I'd grab the EYA, gap to .022" and throw them in and have a blast.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey tom, Art here again......

So tom - you're with doug on running the EYA's ?

and you've found they don't foul out as much either.....?

let me know what your reasons are -

Thanks guys !

Art

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
abors24 said:
hey tom, Art here again......

So tom - you're with doug on running the EYA's ?

and you've found they don't foul out as much either.....?

let me know what your reasons are -

Thanks guys !

Art
[snapback]704713[/snapback]​
Yeah I run the EYA's as well , they seem to foul a lot less then the ES's....but then again I cant remember the last time I fouled a plug?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The EYA plug has a groove in the center electrode. The theory is that the electrode has more surface area and its shape allows a larger, more robust spark. Hence, less fouling.

I have heard the EYA makes 1hp more on the dyno. The other day I heard the ES makes 1hp more on the dyno. I am not sure which (if any) is true. EYA's have worked well for me and ECS have not.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Tom White said:
I have heard the EYA makes 1hp more on the dyno. The other day I heard the ES makes 1hp more on the dyno. I am not sure which (if any) is true. EYA's have worked well for me and ECS have not.
[snapback]704850[/snapback]​
Only one way to solve that, I run one EYA in one cylinder and one ECS in the other and benifit from +2HP. LOL

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey Clay - i'm with you......

So what are people running in their 04 and 05 Rev's......?

EYA's / ES's or ECS's

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
On a more serious note. I run EYA's in my 02 440. I ran ES's with zero problems last year but thought id try EYA's since they were only 20 cents more.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
I'll be using BR9ES plugs for the next 5 years because I bought 2 boxes of them for $12 each. I haven't fouled one yet, even running extremely rich with the 04 race jet needles. Can't complain. It makes my sled go BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I run Br9ECS in my 03 440 and it is hit and miss with me fouling them. When I raced the sled only once did i have trouble with fouling plugs. THen again it was a cold day and I think my jetting was off if i remember. Now that I trail ride those ecs give me problems everytime i shut the darn thing off. I will start it again and it will run good for 100 yds then bam!, another fouled plug. different side each time. Gonna try the EYA this weekend since people have been having good luck with them.

·
Registered
683 Posts
bighiter said:
are these NYAs ngk or champion spark plugs?
[snapback]705516[/snapback]​
I believe you mean EYA, they are NGK's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts