Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k guys been looking for another machine to replace my 98 MXZ 500. i found one i think. a town over i got a guy that has a 2001 MXZ 700. has 2650ish on the sled. Black and super clean. looks sick. i have no idea what to expect of of this sled or what to watch for or any of the ussaul issues... likes dislikes ect.

he wants 2850 for it. eh?

good sled? better then what i got now? goo suspention? good top end? good low end?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
k guys been looking for another machine to replace my 98 MXZ 500. i found one i think. a town over i got a guy that has a 2001 MXZ 700. has 2650ish on the sled. Black and super clean. looks sick. i have no idea what to expect of of this sled or what to watch for or any of the ussaul issues... likes dislikes ect.

he wants 2850 for it. eh?

good sled? better then what i got now? goo suspention? good top end? good low end?
I think its kind of high to be honest...

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Yes, yes, Better then what you have now, yes, yes

The 700 twin is strong motor. Ask if he replaced the rings on it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
See if you can talk him down

Yes, yes, Better then what you have now, yes, yes

The 700 twin is strong motor. Ask if he replaced the rings on it.
Good choice! You wont be disappointed. I have an 02 and it is awesome out of the hole,mid range and top end. I've got 8000 kms on it now and it hasen't lost a beat since day one. Other than carb boots (which they are famous for) I haven't touched the motor. Check the carb boots on it, if they are gone chuck em out and get some V Force 3's. I also haven't lost a race to any stock F7,Rev 600,I can beat some Rev 800's and wax Poo 750 Turbos. Not tryin to toot my own horn, just givin you an Idea what the mxz 700's are capable of if everything is in good running order.
Good Luck with the new sled!!!

·
First In, Last Out
2,985 Posts
I think its kind of high to be honest...
Depends on your market. In Canada that's a good price.

This sled will be better than your current sled. 700's are fun engines!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Buddy has an '02 mxzx700, flat out rips! Real nice sleds, the price does sound a bit high, but yeah, depends on where you're at.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i bought an 01 mxz 600 last year... super clean sled with just about 2600 miles. i paid 2600 for it. and i know i over paid a little. so i'd almost ask for a little lower. expecially if he's your friend... just my 2 sents

·
RV Mod Maniac
1,660 Posts
Good choice! You wont be disappointed. I have an 02 and it is awesome out of the hole,mid range and top end. I've got 8000 kms on it now and it hasen't lost a beat since day one. Other than carb boots (which they are famous for) I haven't touched the motor. Check the carb boots on it, if they are gone chuck em out and get some V Force 3's. I also haven't lost a race to any stock F7,Rev 600,I can beat some Rev 800's and wax Poo 750 Turbos. Not tryin to toot my own horn, just givin you an Idea what the mxz 700's are capable of if everything is in good running order.
Good Luck with the new sled!!!
mxz 700 with 8k on it and hasnt lost to any F7? little bit un-realistic here bud.. those F7's are fast stock sleds and the series III 700 needs a lot of motor mod to keep up with it. Heck, the F7's give the pteks a bashing.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
mxz 700 with 8k on it and hasnt lost to any F7? little bit un-realistic here bud.. those F7's are fast stock sleds and the series III 700 needs a lot of motor mod to keep up with it. Heck, the F7's give the pteks a bashing.
Hey...if it has 700 stickers on it then it must be a 700

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
my buddy just sold his 02 500 for 1800 bucks with lower miles on it. I like my 2000 but it never had enough susp for me. with some tuning and such it started to get better but now i have the rev so i dont worry about it. overall great motor, great sled and will outrun just about any sled out there. steve

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
You really should take the extra time and try to find a 02 700, much better rear skid. 01's had the SC-10 II and the 02 had the SC-10 III 02's had better/ different clutching from the factory. with just a small gear change they will run with the older 800's all day long.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You really should take the extra time and try to find a 02 700, much better rear skid. 01's had the SC-10 II and the 02 had the SC-10 III 02's had better/ different clutching from the factory. with just a small gear change they will run with the older 800's all day long.
X2!! I just sold an '02 MXZ 700 last year. It was an animal all around. I loved the low end torque most of all. That price sounds a bit high though. See if you can get it down a few hundred bucks at least. If everything is good and clean on it, it will treat ya right. On the other hand, if you have time to find an '02, I'd be lookin. The SC10-III is a nice suspension and simple to tune.

·
Registered
172 Posts
HA Whatever man I'll walk a F7 all day! There is a few guys on this site that will back me up on that!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts