Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it done last night.....

Mountain Machines extension.....8" fabcraft wheels..... 144x16x2 track..






thanks to everyone who helped me with this project!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Looks good!
I did a suspension pull back on my gade. I couldn't find any rail extensions at the time, and it gives me a nice track angle. What kind of bars are those?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Looking good man, I really like your color combo. Wow a 16" wide track and just running internal big wheels? Aren't you afraid of outside lug tear and delamination? Just a thought.... What were your costs on the upgrade?

Chaws
 

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
Joined
·
4,213 Posts
Chaws said:
Looking good man, I really like your color combo. Wow a 16" wide track and just running internal big wheels? Aren't you afraid of outside lug tear and delamination? Just a thought.... What were your costs on the upgrade?

Chaws
[snapback]719727[/snapback]​
I have the same question.

looks really nice.

how strong are the rail extensions?

Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I also was wondering about those bars. They kind of look like the stock one but with the extra piece going across the middle section.

Of course I didn't see a
so...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
the 04 summits have that same bar unless my neighbor went w/ a different one. I wonder about the no outside wheels too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Did you extend the tunnel any? It looks like it the stock 136 tunnel.

I'm running the internal 8" Fab Craft wheels on a Mountain Machine axel with no outside wheels, I havent had any problems with the track on trails, bumps, powder on boondocking. I'm running a 136 x 16 x 1-3/4" track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
That's coooooool, I was just asking some buddies about doing that they said it was a silly idea. I like it alot - how much total $$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
bowhunter1 said:
Looks good!
I did a suspension pull back on my gade. I couldn't find any rail extensions at the time, and it gives me a nice track angle. What kind of bars are those?

[snapback]719725[/snapback]​
Pro Taper SE

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chaws said:
Looking good man, I really like your color combo. Wow a 16" wide track and just running internal big wheels? Aren't you afraid of outside lug tear and delamination? Just a thought.... What were your costs on the upgrade?

Chaws
[snapback]719727[/snapback]​
Yeah, I've thought about it...... I'm probably still going to do outside wheels...

Wanted it to be cheaper but couldn't find a used track in time....
$540 shipped tracks usa 144x16x2
$120 or so Mountain Machines rail extensions
$100 2 8" fabcraft wheels

It had 9 tooth anti-ratchet drivers on it when I bought it, so no expense there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[/quote]

I have the same question.

looks really nice.

how strong are the rail extensions?

Ryan
[snapback]719887[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Look to be good quality..... mountain machines makes them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Irondog said:
Did you extend the tunnel any? It looks like it the stock 136 tunnel.

I'm running the internal 8" Fab Craft wheels on a Mountain Machine axel with no outside wheels, I havent had any problems with the track on trails, bumps, powder on boondocking. I'm running a 136 x 16 x 1-3/4" track.
[snapback]720084[/snapback]​
Nope, stock tunnel yet.... seems to be plenty of room in back

Looks great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CATEATER_REV said:
Another question that I have is, how does the suspension ride? Also did you have to change you drivers.

Ryan
[snapback]720180[/snapback]​
Should be about the same..... maybe smoother on trails with the longer track?

Yeah but they were already changed when I bought...9 tooth anti-racket
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top