Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Wet suit, 1000 foot seat-belt webbing and a friend with a pickup truck...Did it back in 1990...not the fun est thing to do but gives you a good story to tell...

·
Mainway Solutions Inc.
2020 Renegade XRS
2,975 Posts
you need to market a product that keeps them form sinking :wink_old:
I'm In, ...less loss of life... :smile_old:

Reactions: skno

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Here's what you need: a gantry crane for the ice, a diver with 600'feet of line, backup diver, a large heated trailer with tons of salvage equipment and a screen with a guy monitoring the divers air supply, and an insurance company with an open cheque book. This is a friends sled last winter. View attachment 1665410 View attachment 1665410 View attachment 1665426 Audio equipment Gas Entertainment Machine Automotive design Sky Cloud Snow Tree Asphalt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
He basically went in to his waist, got out and walked home. The day they took it out we towed it home and it was running by that evening,4 stroke Yamaha. He drove it the rest of the season. The dive unit guy said he had recovered about 200 sleds and many more trucks and cars. The company waited unti it got colder and the ice was safer before doing it. Best thing is not to have it happen in the first place.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Here's what you need: a gantry crane for the ice, a diver with 600'feet of line, backup diver, a large heated trailer with tons of salvage equipment and a screen with a guy monitoring the divers air supply, and an insurance company with an open cheque book. This is a friends sled last winter.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Our recovery looked very similar just no gantry, no professional diver, no air supply other than his lungs. But the water was only 6' deep.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Like a safe Jak/tek vest with built in flotation qualities.
Myself and rest of family use FXR FAST clothing. Never thought would ever need it. Drove over a spot the night before. Next morning current did a number on ice overnight, drove over same spot in the AM and I went through. FXR kept me afloat. And to top it off -16*c 8 mile walk was more bearable due to the fact the FAST clothing allowed most of the water to drain properly. In any other clothing I believe I would have caught hypothermia within a few minutes if the water didn't drain properly and turned to ice. Mind you there was still some ice in clothing, but not as much I suppose as normal clothing would have had me at a walking ice block, or would never been able to finish the 8 mile walk. After that the whole family now suited up in FXR gear with the FAST system. Not only that, but I find FXR to be the warmest clothing also for the snowmobile riding in the arctic(next only to Canada Goose, but for fun riding too bulky, only use for hunting).

Thanks FXR, you have allowed me to keep on providing for family and squeezing the throttle for many more years to come!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts