Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 05 600sdi used with 800 miles on it. I had a plug fouling problem with the br9ecs with the semi syn. oil. I switched to the br8ecs and semi syn oil and did 400 miles no problem. Today started the sled ran about 100 yards and it died. Changed the plugs fired right up. did about 30 miles stopped at a gas station filled up pulled it and it wouldnt start so I once again changed the plugs thinking they fouled still didnt start let it sit 15 min and with four pulls and it started. This doesnt seem right to me. A few more questions prior to this when ever I start it cold it fires right up no problem but after i run it stop get gas or go grab some food I try starting it and it wont start unless I give it a little bit of throttle after pulling it over. It also seems kinda bogged down at low speeds. I would like to know what I should do/check to resolve these problems. Oh last week up riding up on the tug hill my sled just shut down and lost all power. It was wierd because the gauges stayed at the mph and rpms where it shut down even after the sled was off and sitting still. Let her sit and 10 min later fired right up. Im kinda nervous going out on a ride not knowing what it will do next let me know your input about the fouling plugs, the dying in the middle of the trail with the gauges stuck, the bogging down, and the hard starting after running all you input is welcomed and appreciated since this is my first doo switched from cat and like the ride but not these problems Thank you

·
Registered
454 Posts
This should still be on the first year warranty - I'd throw it at a dealer.
Even used, the warranty should be in place.
If I were to hazard a guess, Sounds like a wiring problem, plus maybe a wet relay and possibly the need for an ECU update. I had 2 out of 3 of these - no problems with my relays.

z-unit said:
I bought an 05 600sdi used with 800 miles on it. I had a plug fouling problem with the br9ecs with the semi syn. oil. I switched to the br8ecs and semi syn oil and did 400 miles no problem. Today started the sled ran about 100 yards and it died. Changed the plugs fired right up. did about 30 miles stopped at a gas station filled up pulled it and it wouldnt start so I once again changed the plugs thinking they fouled still didnt start let it sit 15 min and with four pulls and it started. This doesnt seem right to me. A few more questions prior to this when ever I start it cold it fires right up no problem but after i run it stop get gas or go grab some food I try starting it and it wont start unless I give it a little bit of throttle after pulling it over. It also seems kinda bogged down at low speeds. I would like to know what I should do/check to resolve these problems. Oh last week up riding up on the tug hill my sled just shut down and lost all power. It was wierd because the gauges stayed at the mph and rpms where it shut down even after the sled was off and sitting still. Let her sit and 10 min later fired right up. Im kinda nervous going out on a ride not knowing what it will do next let me know your input about the fouling plugs, the dying in the middle of the trail with the gauges stuck, the bogging down, and the hard starting after running all you input is welcomed and appreciated since this is my first doo switched from cat and like the ride but not these problems Thank you
[snapback]705318[/snapback]​

·
Registered
676 Posts
At first I was thinking of water in the gas. But later in the post, with so many different conditions causing problems, I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im going to call a dealer tomorrow and any more input and what questions I should ask thanks

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
z-unit said:
what is the grey button?
[snapback]706320[/snapback]​
rer / start button then pull (if you don't have electric start)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Just remember taking it to the darn dealer MEANS no sled for a week.......

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
z-unit said:
[snapback]705318[/snapback]​
It sounds like a fuel pick up problem. A lot of the SDI's have fuel line propblems. Once my 04 600 SDI gets to a 1/4 of a tank it starts to sputter. It will not get down to the bottom of the tank. I would take it to the dealer and have them look at fuel related problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts