Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who ride when its real cold out, (or for those who want to ride when its real cold out) we are faced with murphy's law times 4. It was 30 below and colder for about two weeks, and it warmed up to about 20 below for an evening and I was like "yeah, i'm gonna ride my snowmachine tonite!" WRONG. It took like 10 minutes of priming and pulling, priming and pulling to get it to stay running, then when I gave it some gas, it pinned itself and the throttle cable stuck. So for like two seconds it was pinned and the engine racing hard, and I quick shut the sucker off. Well, then I pulled the rope to start it again and it stayed running, but sounded terrible like it was gonna die, but i let her run for a little bit anyways. But to my dismay when i tried to take off it had like no power and it didn't want to budge, it sounded like a chainsaw engine with the brake on. So I was like crap I better just wait till its warmer out to try again, and I added some heet to the gas tank cuz i thought maybe the problem was ice in the gas. So the next evening I tried starting her up again, and had the same problem, the engine sounded like a chainsaw with the brake on. Well, I finally got the machine to move and went around the house once, and then she died. And I havent gotten her to start since. I've put it in the garage and thawed her out, and still she wont start. Its just as if I was pulling her over with the kill switch engaged. So, if anyone has an idea what might be wrong with my machine, please post a reply to this post, and when you are in extreme cold conditions, treat your machine like a baby and keep her where its warm.

I ride a 98' MXZ 670

1 - 1 of 1 Posts