Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 Mach Z MH, noticed today after I marked the primary that the belt is lacking a good 1" and a 1/4 from going to the top of the clutch. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
hotmxz said:
99 Mach Z MH, noticed today after I marked the primary that the belt is lacking a good 1" and a 1/4 from going to the top of the clutch. Any suggestions?

[snapback]730239[/snapback]​
more weight

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oldschool 780 said:
to much gear or you center to center is off.
[snapback]731757[/snapback]​
Im running 25 / 43 gears, don't think that it's the issue. I took a better meas. and it's about 1/2 inch from the top. Center line is right on, belt deflection is about 1.5 inches and belt is about 1/16 of a inch above secondary. I was having a problem with belt slippage and I went to a 225 / 335 secondary spring and all the racing I did yesterday there was no belt marks on the primary and man did this thing accellerate. By the way I beat every REV 1000 I ran, Wasn't even a contest beat every one by at least 5 sled lengths, plus I was down 300 rpm from where I should be. Just gotta love those tripples!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Check your belt deflection and center to center measurements, sounds like your belt is too tight. These sleds liked the belt to be a touch on the loose side.

·
Registered
481 Posts

Check your buttons in the secondary. We had a problem similar to this once on my buddy's sled. We couldn't figure it out so we just started tearing clutches apart. We found a bad button, replaced it a we were back racing again.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I asked the same ? on another forum, some say it is over rated.
As long as the sled pulls and feels strong.

Where's your clicker set at ? does that make a difference ?

More weight will bring it up higher ?

I would guess c-c may be off .

Sacked spring ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trailburner said:
I asked the same ? on another forum, some say it is over rated.
As long as the sled pulls and feels strong.

Where's your clicker set at ? does that make a difference ?

More weight will bring it up higher ?

I would guess c-c may be off .

Sacked spring ?
[snapback]733971[/snapback]​
Clicker is on 3, I'm actually going to drop 1.5 grams in pin weight to get my rpm back up to where I should be. C-C is right on.The secondary spring I currently have is a 235 / 350 might be a tad to much and might not be letting the secondary open all the way, which in turn won't let the belt go all the way to the top. I have a 220/330 spring to try.Test Test Test that all we can do then all the snow will be gone when we finally get it right.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
If i was you , try running the clicker in 4-5 and weight it up. the clicker only changes the very tip angle of the weight this does not change the low to midrange shift patern. With higher clicker number and more weight this combination will help close your clutch up, it will also give you better backshift at higher speeds, if you have the time it would be worth a shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts