Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How high up on primary should my belt ride up on 04 mxz800x with clutch kit.On tach I am reving 8000 rpm,belt def. is about a 1/16.Took a magic marker and drew line from center to top and belt rubbed off marker about a 1/2 from top of primary.Is this normal or what ?Also,I do run 800 belt.Seems like I've lost some top end.sled has about 900 miles on clutch kit,could a weakening spring be the culprit?Any responses are appreciated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Belt should ride to the top..if you are hitting your top speed.It could be half inch down if you are only doing 90mph for example.8000 rpm sounds about right.
1/16 belt deflection????? Spec is more like 1.26 inches so I am not sure I understand your 1/16 comment.

Probably tough conditions holding you back..is my guess.

I owned a sled like yours last year and ran 800 belts(43&7/8)..no problem with top end..116mph gps.

What gearing do you have? Stock gearing in your model is too high and will cause it not to fully shift out.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run a 25 tooth on top,the 1/16 is where belt my belt is over top of secondary,have setting at #5.Conditions are pretty good with maybe an inch of snow on pond which is over a mile long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mxz700x said:
How high up on primary should my belt ride up on 04 mxz800x with clutch kit.On tach I am reving 8000 rpm,belt def. is about a 1/16.Took a magic marker and drew line from center to top and belt rubbed off marker about a 1/2 from top of primary.Is this normal or what ?Also,I do run 800 belt.Seems like I've lost some top end.sled has about 900 miles on clutch kit,could a weakening spring be the culprit?Any responses are appreciated.
[snapback]289986[/snapback]​
I run a dynmo joe kit in my 04 800ho had the same problem ,it was the spring.I had about 3000miles on it . I replaced all springs. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts