Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't the depth of the 30mm bore at all. After i measured and remeasured and looked at some of my others. Turns out the inner clutch half was right for the motor but whomever had the sled before me moved the motor plate mounting studs way over and i never noticed that where the steering column comes through the plate it was rubbing. Out comes the motor, moving each stud over to where you can see where they once were and then will need to measure alignment.

New issue now, even though the oil bottle remains at the level I filed it to a few days ago, it appears that there is a leak between where the case halves come together. I guess leaking from the oil bath section of the motor and down the front of the motor. I was hoping it was a loose oil line going to the nipple.........

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had the same issue a few years back when i assembled mine using Yamabond. I tore it down and used Anaerobic Flange Sealant. No more leak.

Glad to hear you found the alignment issue!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after further investigation of the leak, it appears the hose on the center tube between the cylinders was to big allowing oil to seep out, run down the tube and exist down the exhaust side of the motor cases. Changed out hose to the tube, no seepage so far in the last 10 hours....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts