Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what the bolt and thread size is for the primary clutch on an 03' 800?

·
Registered
193 Posts
sorry to bring up a super old thread but i need a bolt for my 500ss. doo wants 45$ for it which is isane is it a m14 x 1.5 like the 600's or somthing diffirent i tried to see what pitch it was but couldnt really tell. also what legnth is the bolt i'd like to go buy one from bolt supply tomorrow.

thanks
nathan

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
sorry to bring up a super old thread but i need a bolt for my 500ss. doo wants 45$ for it which is isane is it a m14 x 1.5 like the 600's or somthing diffirent i tried to see what pitch it was but couldnt really tell. also what legnth is the bolt i'd like to go buy one from bolt supply tomorrow.

thanks
nathan
The bolt that holds the primary is a special bolt, the shank, and thread layout, are not a standard bolt. Even the washer is special, it is concave, to keep tension on the bolt.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
This is a case where you want to use the OEM bolt. Back in the 80s, 'doo had problems w/ the bolts on the Pluses failing & clutches coming off. My brother's '86 had a recall for a new bolt & washer. He never had a problem, but we spoke to a guy who did have a bolt break.

We saw it happen on a race sled in Peterborough. I don't know if the bolt or crank end broke but it wasn't pretty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts