Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
We have been planning a trip to Priest Lake Idaho, we are leaving tomorrow. Is the snow any good? We have heard conflicting reports. We don't like to trail ride we want to do some powder and hill climbs. Please let us know how the snow is.

John

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Here's the report I've got as of 9 am this morning ....

Hi guys,
Just a quick invite to ride some COOL stuff in Priest.
9" last night and 10+ predicted for Wed.
Remember only 8 weekends remaining for good skidoon'
Let it snow let it snow,

GO GET 'EM!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Torkelbot said:
We have been planning a trip to Priest Lake Idaho, we are leaving tomorrow. Is the snow any good? We have heard conflicting reports. We don't like to trail ride we want to do some powder and hill climbs. Please let us know how the snow is.

John
[snapback]751999[/snapback]​
i regret to inform you...............the snow sucks, no wait, it really sucks

i rode PL sat with high hopes, as one of the locals thought it was going to be good. there is a lot of snow there, more than i have seen in years, too bad it is rock solid. snow level must have been @ 7k' for a wk. looks like it was epic about 2wks ago.

As you may know, they shut down the groomer on the W. side so it has forced everyone to the E. side, not helping the situation. more people up in trapper than i have ever seen. I usually drop end of the rd E. side & ride hills N. of the lake. i dont like trail riding either.

sorry about the doom & gloom. dont know what it has done since sat, maybe you'll get lucky.

dont know where you are coming from but you might try pine, ID if that is close to you. opposite side of the state, by boise. heard they got some snow last week. We stay at Hayhurst Bed&Breakfast. Have gone there for the last 4yrs....even when the snow sucks, its been worth the trip. their "home" (conservativly) is awsome & Jim & Luois are the salt of the earth. BTW, he rides a titianum turbo rx-1, he can point you to the hills. call Jim, ask him if it is worth coming, he will be honest with you 208-653-2135. be sure to tell him scott (kid from wa on rev) said hello.

good luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts