Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PRESS START TO GO scroll across my gauge cluster when the starter button is pushed. It is accompanied by an intermittent beeping, the check engine light, and an inactive throttle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To further this, I am looking here for any insight as my dealer is 540 km's away, not likely to haul the sled there and back. This issue 1st happened in March, I believe it happened twice last spring. Now this summer it happens when I fire it up. If I turn it off, and restart it once or twice, it will start normal, no message, no beep, no check engine light, and the throttle is back in business. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this same issue.

Oh yes, sled is a 2020 Expedition LE 900 ACE, just under 10 000 kms

·
SnomoSnob
2,613 Posts
Just thinking out loud here:
-Moisture in the handle bar switch assembly
-Clean and Check all grounds. Battery chassis engine.
GutZ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks. I will be going through the sled this week, prepping for winter and will look at these things.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my expedition there are just fuses in that box. OK I googled it, apparently they are in a different box buried deeper on my sled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't find the relays. It doesn't help that I don't know what they look like. I'll call my dealer tomorrow but I don't expect much from them. If I won't bring it in they have yet to help me over the phone. So this is what I am looking at ......
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Press start to go, is a fail safe for when an error occurs with the throttle lever or the throttle position sensor on the throttle body. You literally press and hold the start button to drive/move the sled. Restarting will make it go away typically. When you get annoyed with it, replace the throttle and/or throttle body to fix. Fyi the throttle position sensor is part of the throttle body, which is why you must replace the whole throttle body. When mine did this, the throttle lever/wiring only had to be replaced.

·
7,749 Posts
Press start to go, is a fail safe for when an error occurs with the throttle lever or the throttle position sensor on the throttle body. You literally press and hold the start button to drive/move the sled. Restarting will make it go away typically. When you get annoyed with it, replace the throttle and/or throttle body to fix. Fyi the throttle position sensor is part of the throttle body, which is why you must replace the whole throttle body. When mine did this, the throttle lever/wiring only had to be replaced.
Kinda have to be careful with this one. I had the same message last year on a 2012 Expy Sport 600ACE and I too pointed at the throttle body/airflow sensors as the culprit. After swapping the IACV, TPS and entire throttle body, the problem persisted. My problem ended up being that the fuel pump power connector was damaged on the harness side and the two pins on the harness side were making intermittent contact with the pump. Pressing the start button didn't solve anything as the engine had no fuel to run. Once I finally figured out the problem and replaced the harness side connector, all problems went away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will a code reader help isolate the problem? I believe I've got access to one. I am waiting to get my exhaust manifold welded before I carry on trouble shooting. I'm a bit put out with the reliability of this sled, only two winters and less than 10 000 kms, and cracked manifold, computer issues, and the ridiculous fuel filter issues. Has anyone figured out where the black shi!! comes from?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Kinda have to be careful with this one. I had the same message last year on a 2012 Expy Sport 600ACE and I too pointed at the throttle body/airflow sensors as the culprit. After swapping the IACV, TPS and entire throttle body, the problem persisted. My problem ended up being that the fuel pump power connector was damaged on the harness side and the two pins on the harness side were making intermittent contact with the pump. Pressing the start button didn't solve anything as the engine had no fuel to run. Once I finally figured out the problem and replaced the harness side connector, all problems went away.
Your 2012 600 ace is not throttle by wire. I'm not sure of the reasons for "press start to go" with a cable throttle. But anything ITC it points to an error like i stated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts