Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2002 Grand Touring 600 that's ready to rock n roll . . . just waiting for snow. Turns out the previous owner swapped out the original Flex skis for Precision dual carbide skis. A bit of research has me concerned that these are not the best fit for a GT (darting, heavy steering push in turns, poor control in powder). Most of my riding will be groomed trail though not exclusively.

Should I keep the precision?

Install an aftermarket center carbide runner to eliminate darting (Jagged Edge)?

Find a used set of Flex?

Thanks!

Paul

IMG_3258.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Haven't tried the center carbide on them but can tell you snowtrackers work great and the center rod should accomplish the same results , eliminate darting.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,652 Posts
Got rid of the (IN)Precision skis on every sled I had, even the wife hated them, and went with the Flex or something else. In looser snow they float too much and never gave you any positive feeling that you were in control other than going in a straight line.......

-grover

Reactions: 2011x

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Sled looks in great shape, never had the presions but have flex skis with dual cribided on my sons 2002 mxz, that drives very nice with no darting

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
I took off my flex skies for precision skies . Both me and my wife have precision skies . Darting ? Never these are amazing . %99 no darting the other %1 is if you follow someone else who had precision skies and the trail Harden up than its like your on train tracks . They will follow those ruts . Other than that I drive with one hand alot of the time

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: snorander

·
Registered
40,163 Posts
i put the precision skis on mine,best thing i ever did,and like zr 580 said the only time i found darting is with following other precision skis, i think the length of carbides you put on is important too. i found 6" to work for me

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
I put precisions on my sle touring..best thing I ever did for that sled.

They seem to work great on s, f and zx chassis. imo

I took the precisions off my revs

Put on pilots.. best thing for a rev. imo

btw.. I would like to try flex ski on my rev.. if I could find some good ones. lol

·
2nd Whore in command
102,224 Posts
Sled looks in great shape, never had the presions but have flex skis with dual cribided on my sons 2002 mxz, that drives very nice with no darting
When I broke the left mounting bolts on my Simmons(same as Precisions) skis and went back to my Flex skis I added the Woodies Doolie carbides and that made a huge difference for the Flex ski!! No darting at all.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Precision skis were excellent for me with two exceptions, following another ser of precison skis or loose snow.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just run what ya got and make decisions to spend $$ after you log some miles. Really depends on how you ride. The precisions actually done ok on zx sleds.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It seems that many don`t like precisions on the "rider forward" (rev) type sleds, I have no opinion on that.
I believe precisions on "S" or "ZX" chassis sleds are great. Of course still depends on conditions. Personally I would leave the skis as is on the touring sled above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really appreciate the input - thanks a TON all! Will definitely keep Precision skis and log miles on before making any decision to swap them out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts