Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got rid of my Mach Z and got me an 04' 440 MXZ. The sled is awsome, set up for trail. It is still pre mix, which is no big deal, I was wondering if you mix 33:1 or even 50:1, can you get a little bog if you have too much oil in the tank??

What is the best ratio for mixing?

Also the little spedo isnt working, the guy said it was a wire down buy where the spedometer is that isnt hooked up, and it isnt registuring miles either. Does that sound correct?

Other than that it is an awsome sled.

Thanks guys

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
machz123 said:
Hey guys,

I got rid of my Mach Z and got me an 04' 440 MXZ. The sled is awsome, set up for trail. It is still pre mix, which is no big deal, I was wondering if you mix 33:1 or even 50:1, can you get a little bog if you have too much oil in the tank??

What is the best ratio for mixing?

Also the little spedo isnt working, the guy said it was a wire down buy where the spedometer is that isnt hooked up, and it isnt registuring miles either. Does that sound correct?

Other than that it is an awsome sled.

Thanks guys

John
[snapback]748964[/snapback]​
The ratio is 33 to 1 for mixing. Just use a ratio rite and you will have no problems. The bog is a jetting or clutching issue. I would think jetting. Look at your mains and pilots. Mains should be 320/330 and jets will be dependant on weather temp. If it is loading up quick then your pilots are too big. Pilots should be in the 20 to 25 range, but again that will depend on temps. Get a race book and it will help you a lot. Also do a search on 440 setups it has been covered a lot in this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks. where do you get a ratio rite at?

The mains are 320's, I havent looked at the pilots yet. It isnt a big bog, just real quick and then it is gone.

Can you get the race book at the dealer?

Thanks Skidoofan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
machz123 said:
Cool, thanks. where do you get a ratio rite at?

The mains are 320's, I havent looked at the pilots yet. It isnt a big bog, just real quick and then it is gone.

Can you get the race book at the dealer?

Thanks Skidoofan.
[snapback]749031[/snapback]​
Dennis Kirk or other mail orders will have ratio rite. Looks like a small tapered pitcher. Book can be had threw your dealer ordered or through Skidoo race department. If the bog is low it might be that pilots are too big. Also make sure you have the 03 trail needles and not the race needles in the carbs. If it is setup for trail this should already be done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, what do you think about the speedo or mile odometer not working, does it sound like a wire? The hr meter is working and the tack works good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
machz123 said:
Ok, what do you think about the speedo or mile odometer not working, does it sound like a wire? The hr meter is working and the tack works good.
[snapback]749071[/snapback]​
Take a quick look down by your secondary below it you will see a black plastic circle with a wires leading out of it. This is your speedo/mileage sensor that is on drive shaft. Where the wires go under the tank their is a connector, make sure that is connected and if it is you will have to trace it to see if anything is cut/frayed or just not connected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help!!
I am used to the old CKIII chassis, the REV's are a new breed to get used to..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
what are you guys talking about? i mix my 99 zx 440 at 50:1 and i run my main jets at 240's right now and i have had no problems with it and ya if u run to rich then it bogs out and if u run it wayyy to lean then it feels like u got a power boost of 5-10mph but then u run into some problems and there is a mixing ratio chart on the back of the skidoo mixing oil which u should use nothing use. its made for the machine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
well when i am mixing my gas, all i do is multiply the litres of gas i filled up with by 30, which is equal to 33:1. works great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
flappingflag said:
what are you guys talking about? i mix my 99 zx 440 at 50:1 and i run my main jets at 240's right now and i have had no problems with it and ya if u run to rich then it bogs out and if u run it wayyy to lean then it feels like u got a power boost of 5-10mph but then u run into some problems and there is a mixing ratio chart on the back of the skidoo mixing oil which u should use nothing use. its made for the machine
[snapback]749345[/snapback]​
I can't imagine mixing 50 to 1. What oil do you use? My son has a 2000 440 and we mix his 33 to 1 and that is plenty rich. Also the jetting on 03 and newer are different from the older 440's. The 04 has a 33 to 1 ratio right on the gas cap.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top