Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wasting money wisely
1,632 Posts
I have the 2 inch block with the pivot connector. During my last ride I went to go up a tall ditch embankment and I was able to pull the handlebars back. They moved about 4-5 inches. The pivot block and the riser block have no grooves on the Powermadd where the riser block clamps the pivot block. It didn't suprise me too much that they moved, buyer beware... I bought it online and never had a chance to see it before I bought it. I trusted Powermadd would have a reliable design. When I installed the block I did tighten it to their recommended lb/ft.

Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas on how to stop it from happening again?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Treebasher said:
Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas on how to stop it from happening again?
[snapback]282023[/snapback]​
This is a problem for any riser without grooves. A tip I got from one dealer when installing a billet riser was to put some loctite on the surface and make sure I install the riser when the sled is cold. Do not install it in a heated garage. The idea is that the pivot bar should be cold, the riser warm, and after you install the unit it will shrink to hug the bar tighter.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Take a file to it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had the Powermadd riser/pivot adaptor kit for about 1500 miles, and this year I have a 6" block on my 'new' sled and neither have given me a problem. I did rough them up with a file and then absolutely crank the bolts. Good luck with it.

·
Wasting money wisely
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys.

I'll have to get the file out, scuff it up a bit, and wait for some cold weather to tighten it up a bit more.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Treebasher said:
I have the 2 inch block with the pivot connector. During my last ride I went to go up a tall ditch embankment and I was able to pull the handlebars back. They moved about 4-5 inches. The pivot block and the riser block have no grooves on the Powermadd where the riser block clamps the pivot block. It didn't suprise me too much that they moved, buyer beware... I bought it online and never had a chance to see it before I bought it. I trusted Powermadd would have a reliable design. When I installed the block I did tighten it to their recommended lb/ft.

[snapback]282023[/snapback]​
heeeeeeeeeyyyy!! sounds just like the problem they';re havin with the polaris adjustable steering post's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts