Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on putting Powermadd handguards with Rox mounts on my 05 Summit. I found this Rox Rev Kit and I am wondering if it will work on the 05 Summit. The mounts don't grab around the handle bars, but bolt to "tabs". I am not sure what these tabs are, and I don't believe I have them on my sled.

If they will work, where do they bolt to? Should I go with this kit, or would the regular Rox mounting bars be better? Also, I plan on using my factory handle bars.

Thanks for the help,

Alaskan

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have regular rev. the guards wont mount on your summit. it has something to do with the windshield, im pretty sure. i have been using the acerbis guards and have been snapping them off regularly. I got some new guard mounts from lightning perfomance products that I hope will work better.
Scott

·
Registered
112 Posts
I added a stock set of Rev handguards to my 04 Summit , if adjusted properly they will clear the windshield , but as mentioned above they do snap off with very little effort ,i would try and find a better set .

·
Registered
803 Posts
the rox mounts you are refering to that mont to the tabs the tabs being where the windshield mounts to the handel bar after you remove your windshield you will see these tabs that held the shield on this is where the rox has a set specifically designed for those who remove windshield to mount to the "tabs" they also offer a mount that mounts to the bar itself called universal snowmobile mounts i just got a set and payed 34.95 plus shipping i don't know if they will work with a windshield setup other than like the x model. but they are nice. I will measure and tell you total from bar to end of hand guard as I also have the powermadd hand guards. I also used to carry extras of the aceribus mounts as they snap in cold weather. The roxs are one of the few mounts that bolted right on with no major things having to be done as in making room so they fit. they also give you a nice long threaded stock to mount the actual handguard to. Also check otu their sled tracks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. What do you guys mean by snapping off? Does the guard snap off the mounting bar? Why does it snap off? Are you burying it in snow or hitting tree branches or what? Are they breaking or just coming off and you can put them right back on?

Maddog9m the 05 Summit does not have the windshield mounted to the handlebars...it is mounted outside the gauge counsil. I guess that means I have no tabs on the handle bars. Have to go with the regular mounts.

Thanks again....Alaskan

·
Registered
347 Posts
i got the acerbis rally 2s and havent had one prob,bashing trees, tipping over,or boondocking through tight trees.the only down fall is they mount in the handlebar end,so you cant use your hooks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think you still ahve the tabs I'll check it out and let you know in a couple hours I'm going and look at a summit. The breaking is if you roll it on its side it will snap the mount the handguard mounts to any little roll and it broke not the guard itself just the curved plastic mounting bracket. The ones that mount to tabs look a bit funny IMO go look at them on roxs wed site roxspeedfx.com you'll see what I mean

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, just looked...mo tabs on my handle bars. I did take the Ski-Doo bar pad off the cross bar, and I am thinking about welding something up on it to mount them to. Actually, kind of surprised at how weak and cheesey that bar looks. Prehaps I can beef it up too.

Just something else to consider now. Not too sure I want to go with the handguards if they break off every time you hit snow!?!

Alaskan

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine broke with very little effort , clipped a small branch and i mean small as i saw it coming and wasn't concerned at all , when the handguard brush by it , snap , broke the mount , now garbage. Keep in mind that i did have to have the stock guard tilted up slightly to clear the windsheild on th 04 Summit X .

·
Registered
803 Posts
Alaskan said:
Well, just looked...mo tabs on my handle bars. I did take the Ski-Doo bar pad off the cross bar, and I am thinking about welding something up on it to mount them to. Actually, kind of surprised at how weak and cheesey that bar looks. Prehaps I can beef it up too.

Just something else to consider now. Not too sure I want to go with the handguards if they break off every time you hit snow!?!

Alaskan
[snapback]266107[/snapback]​
if you get the aluminium mounts they dont break I've had them on for 2 seasons now on one sled no problems with the roll over and break. if you don't have tabs your that much ahead as you can use the universal mount from rox or the mount from power madd will work you just need to go to hardware store and get a 4inch piece of 1/4 inch all threaded stock and six 1/4 nuts with star washers attached to the nuts if you can find them either works great just the rox looks better and no extra parts needed when you order them you get everything you need. just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts