Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the Pb part # for a 800 xp p tec clutch and who sells them ? Information on the web is not good. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can order them from Royal Distributing or directly from CV Tech.
Go on there web site they both have 800 phone numbers

·
ride hard or die trying
7,806 Posts
If your in Canada Cudney if in the USA try doo dr( the Guy that doesn't the floating clutch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody know the Pb part # for a 800 xp p tec clutch and who sells them ? Information on the web is not good. Thanks Joe
The part number for a calibrated clutch for all the 800's is 1100-0008. From there you would just need to add or remove weight from the pucks. If you go to CVTech's website, go to the contact us page and email the rep from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
264 Posts
so ive been wondering if any one has had some good seat time on an 800 etec with the power bloc 80 clutch. so far i have heard good reviews with the 1200s but not much on the 800 etecs. im ready for a rebuild on my TRA but im interested in the powerbloc instead of going for the rebuild.

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,409 Posts
a few have posted on how well the pb80 is working on the 800twin,cooler and no maintenance,bill cudney just had a sale on pb80's.. ordered one up to try out this winter,im confident it will work out,installed the smaller version(trailbloc)on my quad,have 3500 miles on it and needs no cleaning or parts and works alot better than the stock clutch

Reactions: wowchad

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Curious. Has anyone tried the Powerblock clutch in the steep and deep?
I'm reading the Powerblock clutch might run hot, and have back shift issues?
What about RPM stability in elevation change when climbing 4,000 feet vertical during the day?
Anyone actually try the clutch?

·
3,409 Posts
contact bill cudney,i have one on order and bill was saying wont be ready till late nov early dec,it will be one that is specifically made for the 800r,the pb80's that have been used were not specific to the 800r

·
Registered
264 Posts
yeah i have heard of only a handfull of people running them but not much in the way of a full test with the 800 etecs. my primary is about due for a rebuild but id rather replace it for something simpler to tune and less maintenance. it would be nice to just order a kit that comes ready for an etec and then adjust the max rpms from there.

dave

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
contact bill cudney,i have one on order and bill was saying wont be ready till late nov early dec,it will be one that is specifically made for the 800r,the pb80's that have been used were not specific to the 800r
Wonder what specifically can be changed in the PB80? Not much.
Is Bill in Ontario? How much experience can someone in Ontario have with mountain crawling? Any testing on the PR80 done by the riders out west yet?

Attachments

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
Is Bill in Ontario? How much experience can someone in Ontario have with mountain crawling? Any testing on the PR80 done by the riders out west yet?
Have one to test this year on a 1200 that we regularily go West with. Have run a TRA and a Yamaha primary on it already for comparision. I know 4S vs. 2S..different thing, but might give you some idea. It's hard to believe this clutch actually works whenyou take it apart..there is nothing inside of it and is so simple it's silly.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Still hard do beat the polaris clutch. Have one on my 07 XRS and only lost one belt in 4 years of steep and deep.
it´s pretty good, but the only thing you read about it here on dootalk on doo sleds are that they will break your crank. a swedish snomobile magazine even had a pic of their dragon 800 test sled were the p85 was laing on the ground with the crank stub still mounted in the clutch.
Bet if you send it out to get balanced there will be no problem with the cranks.

I´m very optimistic about the powerbloc. people look down on it because of the fact that it use to be on the 550 fan sleds with the most booring setup possible.

·
3,409 Posts
nice pics....contact lrd,doostroke and i think jumpingjack..for mountain users of the clutch..i was told 5 different part numbers for the pb80 for 800r

·
Registered
264 Posts
soo no one have any more info at all? the snows coming closer each day

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ordered my PB 80 kit from Bill and it won't be ready from the manufacture until November / December
Bill says that it will be the best thing out there you won't have any regrets buying this kit.
It's going on a 2012 800 XRS.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts