Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

POWER TEK BOG

657 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  steve800x 
#1 ·
ON MY REV 800 X HO WITH POWER TEK I'M GETTING A BOG WHEN I CLAP IT TO THE BAR. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO FROM A DEAD STOP TO WIDE OPEN. AFTER THE BOG IT TAKES OFF GOOD. BUT IT'S KILLING MY HOLESHOT.I RAN MY FRIENDS 2005 F 7 . BEAT HIM EVERYTIME IT DIDNT BOG OUT. WHEN IT DID I WAS IN SECOND COMING UP FAST. RAN OUT OF FIELD. THIS IS WAY QUICKER THAN MY 2003 REV 800. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I CAN GET RID OF THIS . THE SLED ONLY HAS 130 MILES ON IT. I LIVE IN NEW YORK . ARE WINTER STINKS SO FAR.
I'M NOT SURE WHEN THE TIMING THING ADVANCES. I HAVE MAYBE 4 HOURS ON IT.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP,
STEVE

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't get it with some of you ! 4hrs on breakin an some of you are racing. But it will be BRP's fault when it blows up ! Silly me for thinking this.
Drive it like ya stole it !
Its problably a rich bog the ecm is trying to save itself Ha Ha

Rich

#3 ·
If the motor can't take the abuse when its new, then DOO should put them ALL on a Dyno and break them in howerev they wish. Mine gets clamped after 75 miles. I paid for it and they offered to warranty it, so I'll take my chances.

#4 ·
Does it happen if the engine is warmed up real good? Mine does it as did my 04 but only when it was cold or semi warmed up.Big john says it is a cold bog so i am going up one size on Pilot jets this should help. Mine doesn't do it if it is HOT.

#5 ·
rake1 said:
Does it happen if the engine is warmed up real good? Mine does it as did my 04 but only when it was cold or semi warmed up.Big john says it is a cold bog so i am going up one size on Pilot jets this should help. Mine doesn't do it if it is HOT.
[snapback]258058[/snapback]​
I THINK IT WAS WARM ENOUGH. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG BEFORE THE ENGINE IS BROKE IN. NO SNOW TO REALLY RIDE YET. SEND SOME TO NEW YORK

#6 ·
steve- Are you at idle (1500 rpm) when you punch it?? or are you bringing the RPM up to clutch engagement before punching it??

If its the first scenario....try just raising the rpm to 3500 before racing.....if it still does it verify low speed setting and turn it out 1/2 turn to see if it helps...loose belt deflection will cause a bog too...are you running 92 octane?? and check hr meter on the speedo..it will tell you how many hours you have ridden-BJ

#7 ·
BIG JOHN said:
steve- Are you at idle (1500 rpm) when you punch it?? or are you bringing the RPM up to clutch engagement before punching it??

If its the first scenario....try just raising the rpm to 3500 before racing.....if it still does it verify low speed setting and turn it out 1/2 turn to see if it helps...loose belt deflection will cause a bog too...are you running 92 octane?? and check hr meter on the speedo..it will tell you how many hours you have ridden-BJ
[snapback]258080[/snapback]​
I'M BRINGING THE RPM UP NEAR ENGAGEMENT. I'M RUNNING 92 OCTANE. IT IDLES AROUND 2000 RPM. I HAVE 4 HOUR ON IT. WHEN IS THE BREAK IN POINT?
WHAT IS LOOSE BELT DEFLECTION. TURN WHAT OUT A HALF TURN? IDLE UP OR DOWN.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
STEVE

#8 ·
does anyone use the 'break it in hard' method?

there's lots of write ups on it on the internet for 2 cycle break ins.

I always break everything in hard then go for a service

#14 ·
player said:
My PTk would bog just when you hit it fom a slow roll on,this occurred twice,motor was always completley warmed up.It does not happen any more,I now have 650 miles.
[snapback]258395[/snapback]​
well i hope mine goes away too . i only have 130 miles on it. my friend said dont touch anything intil after the sled breaks in. does anyone know how long that really is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.